Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mymolly1234 View Post
    Im new in here, anybody have any idea how i open and use this on my macbook? Thanks in advance
    I have office for Mac, works a treat..

2. Likes mymolly1234 liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

can i just check the utility bill data do you put in the whole figure for the month or do you work out the percentage you cam claim or and enter that?

21Dec11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just put in the whole amount of your monthly payment and it will do the rest for you x

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thank you

I would just like to say thank you so much. I started childminding last year and have just completed my first year using your account book, It has been brilliant. I was so pleased when I see you posted this new tax year up also. I will check the thread again next year. x

6. Likes happytoddlers liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happytoddlers View Post
    Hi,

Here is the spreadsheet for 2015-2016.

Childminding Accounts Worksheet Download - Home

The major change here is the ability to do split working hours in one day. Many CMs have asked for this due to working a shift in the morning and a shift in the afternoon. Hopefully this should make things easier. Again, any comments welcomed.

Thanks all!
    Thank you so much for doing this, it is such a great help and the new hourly section is fab as I have just started doing split days, You are an absolute gem xx
    Cath

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank-you for sharing your fantastic spread sheets they make life so much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hi I am having a bit of trouble with your spread sheet .. the cell for the 16th july end time hours does not seem to be working for me.
    I have filled all the rest in fine but this cell wont work properly and give a ref cell which of course then affects the rest of the sheets.. any help would be much appreciated. thank you x

Mar 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I used your spreadsheet last year and it was a total life saver - Love it!!!

Just started to use this years - when I have input my hours for May/June it hasn't updated on the front page? Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks Beth xxx

11. Likes Barb W liked this post
    June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fix for 2015-16 workbook...

Well spotted Beth! Sorry about this. I've fixed this so people can either modify theirs or download a fresh fixed version (v4). To fix it yourselves...:

1. click on the tab at the bottom 'Yr 1025 - 16'
    2. Un-protect the sheet by clicking on 'Review'...then click 'Unprotect Sheet'
    3. Cell D16 shows =April!$K$141 which is correct. The cells below this for the other months incorrectly have 140 instead of 141. Change the months below to show 141 at the end...e.g May!$K$141.
    4. Once done all the remaining months, protect the sheet (Click 'Review'..then 'Protect sheet'...a box will pop up...just click ok) and save.

Any probs...email me on the email address shown on the front sheet of the workbook or message here so others can see. Thanks again Beth for spotting this early on.

If you want to download a repaired copy then do so from here Childminding Accounts Worksheet Download - Home

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BR23 View Post
    Hi,

I used your spreadsheet last year and it was a total life saver - Love it!!!

Just started to use this years - when I have input my hours for May/June it hasn't updated on the front page? Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks Beth xxx

13. Likes hectors house, Rick, brightstars2015 liked this post
    Jan 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up You are amazing - as is your spreadsheet

Thankyou so much for updating your spreadsheet and making it available to us all again . As others have said it is truly a life saver

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

this is wonderful. very, very grateful. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for allowing us to use your fantastic spreadsheet. Its truly a time saver!

coffee-time Guest

Hi thanks for the spreadsheet, its great, have a bit of a problem though, my accountant (first time I've used one)! thinks I'd be better off claiming for car expenses (maintenance, insurance ect) rather than mileage, he's probably right as I don't use the car that much, is there a way of changing the sheet to show the expenses rather than the milage? could I just delete the mileage column? also things like broadband and phone, would you put these in miscellaneous?
    I'm not very good with Excel, don't really want to start messing about with it and ruining it!!
    thanks again

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coffee-time View Post
    Hi thanks for the spreadsheet, its great, have a bit of a problem though, my accountant (first time I've used one)! thinks I'd be better off claiming for car expenses (maintenance, insurance ect) rather than mileage, he's probably right as I don't use the car that much, is there a way of changing the sheet to show the expenses rather than the milage? could I just delete the mileage column? also things like broadband and phone, would you put these in miscellaneous?
    I'm not very good with Excel, don't really want to start messing about with it and ruining it!!
    thanks again
    Hi! Yes, I realised that I'm better off claiming expenses than mileage so I don't use the mileage feature on the spreadsheet. Instead, all expenses like car insurance and repairs, broadband, mobile phone etc I put in the shared expense column and put a percentage in the column next to it. So for car stuff I put 70 per cent as I use that car for mainly for the business. Put the full amount in the shared column, so if your insurance was 150 quid then put that in. Then if you put 50 in the percent column then the worksheet would work out 75 quid to be expenses.

Hope that helps!

19. Likes N/A, hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness I have been looking for something like this - im sooo excited!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very new and a bit confused! I am so happy to find this forum as this worksheet is amazing. Only wee thing I'm not sure about is I have a ton of receipts from before I started on starting up costs. I have put them all on a spreadsheet on the computer separately how do I add this on to the worksheets or best just keep them seperate?

Post Thanks / Like

Also sorry for being a pest, but what's the deal with the motor expenses? You can only claim for either petrol or expenses? Does it depend how often you use your car for minding? Sorry just a bit bamboozled at the moment x

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendz View Post
    Also sorry for being a pest, but what's the deal with the motor expenses? You can only claim for either petrol or expenses? Does it depend how often you use your car for minding? Sorry just a bit bamboozled at the moment x
    Hi Wendy,

Yes you can only claim either fuel at the 45p per mile or the car expenses. In my wife's case, the mileage she does is so low that it works out financially better to put through expenses at 70% personal/business split (roughly 5 out of 7 days so 70%).

Hope that helps!

M

24. Likes brightstars2015 liked this post
    16/2/12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good in all
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happytoddlers View Post
    Hi,

I don't have a Mac nor have any experience with them. However if you download LibreOffice for the Mac, I believe you can then open excel files. Libre Office is free opensource software and my daughter has used it (the windows version) for her school work. Click below....

Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

Please let us know how you get on!

Thanks,
    I got this working and i cannot say how pleased i am with this its an absolute god send! Can i get 2014/15?

June 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mymolly1234 View Post
    I got this working and i cannot say how pleased i am with this its an absolute god send! Can i get 2014/15?
    Great to hear the feedback, thank you!

2014-15 can be downloaded here: www.horrod.com/Accounts201415.xls

Thanks!

M

27. Likes brightstars2015 liked this post

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast