PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessment - Park/Outings

Two Princesses
10-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I have my first graded inspection next week :eek: and am just trying to get all my paperwork up to date. I've only got 2 schoolies TTO so don't really do outings ATM however I'm pretty sure Ofsted would like to see evidence of some kind of outing in the RA folder.
We have a park across the road outside my house and just around a corner (very handy) and I'm really confused about what to put in the RA. I've got the road which needs crossing and children approaching unknown dogs but wondered if anyone could give me a starting point please? :confused: It's all commom sense but I just need to put it into words :)

Thanks in advance :D

AgentTink
10-04-2012, 03:28 PM
My park is also across the road from my house, however i still have the following noted on my risk assessement:

Crossing the Road the safely - reins and wrists straps, or pushchair if very young. Teach the children about crossing the road.

Need to administer first aid - take first aid kit when i go

Potential dangers of rubbish, sharps or faeces - before children roam free i make a quick check of the area, if possible i will remove item, if not then children not allowed in that area

Park Equipment - make sure suitable for the ages of children with me, check it is in all good working order, encourage children to play safely.

Potential Emergency - make sure to have mobile phone on me as well as emergency contact details

Two Princesses
10-04-2012, 04:30 PM
thank you AgentTink :)
I'll work on it tonight!

Mollymop
10-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Mobile phone charge and with you at all times, inhalers or Epipens etc, and In Case Of Emergency book (with all kids names and dates of birth and parents contact details in) in case anything should happen to you when you are out and about then the emergency services can get hold of the parents. (Get parents permission for this first)

Two Princesses
10-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks :) I never go anywhere without my mobile... It feels like my arm has been cut off if I don't have it!