PDA

View Full Version : Lone working policy

kareninluton
10-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi
anyone have a lone working policy? its on the list that the local authority gave me and I am not sure what to include. any ideas?
Karen

rickysmiths
10-04-2012, 01:45 PM
No I haven't its the first time have every herd of it.

I do have one under Safeguarding about what I would do if an allegation was made about me or a member of my family.

sarah707
10-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I can't imagine why you would want one. It's fairly obvious the majority of childminders work alone! :rolleyes:

I think these LA lists are often written by people trying to justify their jobs :D

C&A Childcare
11-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I have never heard of having such a policy, but I work with another childminder so I don't suppose it's something we'd need unless one of us was ill or away.

I'm not too sure what you could say about it, other than maybe discussing adult:child ratios whilst on outings or if you can only do school drop offs at a certain school, something like that?

Sounds crazy to me, most childminders work alone!

Belly2009
11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi,

I'm in Luton also and was given this list.

Could I make a suggestion - work your way through the welfare requirements and make policies for all of those and then I would only choose the important ones from the list.

Tbh, you will be constantly adding and changing them once you are registered so try not to worry. As long as you have the basics, you will be fine.

kareninluton
11-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Hi,

I'm in Luton also and was given this list.

Could I make a suggestion - work your way through the welfare requirements and make policies for all of those and then I would only choose the important ones from the list.

Tbh, you will be constantly adding and changing them once you are registered so try not to worry. As long as you have the basics, you will be fine.

thanks for that!