PDA

View Full Version : yey a whole day..

mushpea
08-04-2012, 08:02 PM
over my a allotment without the kids whining that they are bored :clapping:

yesterday and friday me and OH knocked down our garden wall and built a fence and whilst he finished off to day I went to my allotment,, I got so much done and now have loads planted, fruit trees and raspberry bushes are in bloom and i built a new raised bed .
isnt it sad that I got so excited over that:laughing: I must be getting old:laughing:

my two are back from mums tuesday, they went thursday and I miss them terribly but its lovley to be able to get stuff done without a bored stroppy teenager and a nearly teenager in tow

singlewiththree
09-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Its a really sense of achievement when you can actually complete something which is near impossible with children around. Mine go to their dads once a fortnight and I get so much done in those weekends that I've started to look forward to them, I still love and miss my children but it means I can spend more time with them when they get back :)

Gherkin
09-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Ours went to my parents last week Sunday and that meant we could have uninterrupted time at our plot.

I got loads planted and the DH stood around chatting to our plot neighbours drinking beer. Was a blissful afternoon. My DD is 6 and my DS is almost 8. DD will help at the allotment but my DS moans the whole time. I have to take handheld consoles, pens, paper and loads of food if I take the kids with me or they drive me potty. Love getting up there without them - sad isn't it.