PDA

View Full Version : Before/after school fees

greenfields
08-04-2012, 01:48 PM
What do you charge?
My working hours are 8-6 although I will work earlier or later at a higher rate.

Would would you charge for 8-9am which includes breakfast and taking to school?

After school, 3:15-5/6?

£15 seems to be the going-rate. Although that seems fair for after school it seems expensive for an hour before school, if that's all that's needed. Any advice? :)

Carol Raeburn
08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi greenfields,

Happy Easter!!!

I have sibblings before and after school 3 days a week I charge a flat rate of £6 for the morning and £6 for the afternoon. Dad drops off at 7am on the dot but collects about 5.10pm. My hours are 7am-6pm for these 2 in particular I offer to give them breakfast but they choose to have it before they come :clapping: and a hot meal after school. This is around the going rate for before and after schools around here.

I would charge for the hour before school maybe try a hourly rate or a standard rate for before and after schoolers and review it in about 6 months and see if it works for you. This is what I am doing and I will probably up the cost a little after the 6 month :panic:

I hope this helps a little :)

Bridey
08-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I charge per hour - my normal rate. 8-9 in the morning and 3pm onwards after school, depending on time of pick up. Even if your school doesn't end til 3.15pm, I would add the extra 15 mins to cover your journey there.

Chimps Childminding
08-04-2012, 04:36 PM
I charge a minimum of 1 hour at my normal rate in the morning, and a minimum of 2 hours after school!

flowerpots
08-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I charge £5.00 for the morning 8-9am and I charge £10.00 after school, they can collect any time before 6pm and I include a home made hot meal. :D

miffy
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I charge a minimum of one hour in the morning but I don't start until 8am and two hours after school. I don't include food in that.

Miffy xx

Belly2009
10-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Hiya,

I am looking for some advice on this subject too. Potential mindee coming this evening....

Looking for what people charge - looking like normal hourly rate

BUT

on another post - someone charges a half retainer for the holidays if it is term time only.....just wondering if anyone else out there uses this method?

Ta

Hayley102
10-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I charge an hour before school and a minimum of 2 hours after school at my hourly rate. Always round up extra time to the 1/2 hour although I know many only charge by the hour.