PDA

View Full Version : Groupon help pse

cherry
07-04-2012, 07:20 PM
This is the first time I've used Groupon and I'm a bit confused.

How does it work

I've put an order in for a carpet cleaner but it says I have to wait until the clock counts down to zero then it will send a voucher which I have to redeem.

Has anyone done this before as I haven't a clue what I'm doing :huh:

Bridey
07-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Yep, thats right - once the sale closes you get the voucher with instructions on what to do next. You then wait months and months and send lots of emails complaining - eventually, if you are lucky you may receive your goods.

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole anymore. They've had such a bad press. Most of their 'discounted' stuff can be bought cheaper elsewhere and they have been in such trouble over it.

sarah707
07-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I have bought a few meals and not had a problem.

I also bought a pillow and that was fine it came through a few weeks later...

I hope your carpet cleaner comes through quickly :D

AgentTink
07-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Cherry that is right as it ends it will email you a voucher which you can then redeem on the companies website. I am the other side of the coin From Bridey as I have all positive experiences from nights away to meals out, photo canvas, kids play centres, and garden furniture I have had some real bargains. Hope you enjoy your Carpet cleaner :)

mushpea
07-04-2012, 08:01 PM
now I wish I had know this sooner cause a fortnight ago I bought some fruit trees through them and nothing has come as yet, I have emailed the garden company direct and they can't be bothered to reply,, I certainly wont be using them again or the garden company, it was gardenexpress, uselss

mushpea
07-04-2012, 08:22 PM
well Imay have to retract my comment about groupon,, after replying to this thread I contacted groupon and they got straight back to me requesting some details and have said they will get straight on to the company who should then let me know whats happening!

Bridey
07-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Trading Standards have been on their back in the last month or so - it was on BBC news so maybe things will get better. I've stopped using any of these sites - found I was spending money that I didn't need to spend on stuff I wouldn't have thought about buying if it hadn't been emailed to me :rolleyes:

Monkey26
07-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I've used Groupon a couple of time down here in Devon, some things take longer to come through than others but touch wood no problems so far - the best deal I got so far was a 3 hour photo shoot for me and the mindees + a large framed photo and 3 smaller unframed photos for £19.99!!! I loved it, so did the kids and all their parents who got to see us all together at the same time :thumbsup: the photographer did well too as most of the kids parents purchased at least one extra photo of their babes :clapping: xx

Chimps Childminding
08-04-2012, 12:05 AM
I have had a couple of canvas's through them! Really good price, only thing is they take a while to come through so not ideal if you want for a present or something!! But other than that I have been really pleased with the price and the canvas when they arrived!

miffy
08-04-2012, 07:09 AM
well Imay have to retract my comment about groupon,, after replying to this thread I contacted groupon and they got straight back to me requesting some details and have said they will get straight on to the company who should then let me know whats happening!

When I had problems with Groupon they flatly refused to contact the hotel concerned, said it wasn't their policies to do that so looks like all their bad press may have paid off.

I stopped using them after that. Hope you get your cleaner Cherry

Miffy xx

Jiorjiina
10-04-2012, 03:51 PM
My mum got some swarovski earrings through them, which took a while due to the number of people who bought the deal, but worked out fine.

I bought something from them but then had to cancel (clash of dates, my fault not theirs), and the money was refunded reasonably quickly (although I did have to call them first to chase it).

So no problems really, but I would def be careful with it.

cherry
18-04-2012, 10:54 AM
It came today :clapping:

AgentTink
18-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Made up for you Cherry. I have just finished on the phone organising a family photo shoot that we were bought for xmas, i cant wait. :clapping:

ajs
18-04-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm glad it's worked for you cherry, we have used them a number of times and not had any problems, but we've mainly bought vouchers for hotels or meals I have once bought an offer on two watches through them and although they took a while to arrive they did and were exactly what I wanted

*daisychain*
18-04-2012, 11:35 AM
I've been waiting since November for a bean bag !:panic:

ajs
18-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm glad it's worked for you cherry, we have used them a number of times and not had any problems, but we've mainly bought vouchers for hotels or meals I have once bought an offer on two watches through them and although they took a while to arrive they did and were exactly what I wanted