PDA

View Full Version : What paperwork needs to be displayed?

MrsNweke:-)
07-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi all, I wondered if anyone could help me?

I have my first (pre-reg) interview coming up in a week with Ofsted and wondered if I had to have any paperwork (polices) up on display. For example, Fire evacuation drill etc. Also, will my flat be assessed, safety wise or is it just an interview to see if I'm suitable to be a Childminder?

Any advice would be really appreciated!!!!

Chevy x

rickysmiths
07-04-2012, 10:08 PM
You will need your Certificate when you get it, a copy of the Ofsted Poster with their number on there is one in the free downloads at the top of the forum and yes an evacuation plan.

Yes I believe they do check the safety aspects so even if you don't have them all in place yet through your Risk Assessments you should demonstrate what you are intending to put in place.

Good luck!

miffy
08-04-2012, 07:35 AM
The only things you need to have on display are your registration certificate and the Ofsted parents poster which you get when you are registered.

Have you got the Ofsted booklet about preparing for your registration visit that should tell you all you need to know about the visit (it's in free downloads if you don't already have it).

Good luck

Miffy xx

MrsNweke:-)
14-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Thankyou both so much!!!!

really appreciate the help and advice.

Chevonne

Cariad
14-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Do you have to have these on display or is it enough to have them available?

sarah707
15-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Do you have to have these on display or is it enough to have them available?

As Miffy has said in her post you must display your certificate and the Ofsted poster so parents know how to contact Ofsted.

The rest can be in a folder... however some inspectors do ask for a displayed emergency evacuation procedure.

Hth :D