PDA

View Full Version : Policies and Procedures??

adele1985
06-04-2012, 09:51 AM
just woundering what everyone else does regarding p and ps.

Do you print all of them of and give each family a copy??

I have about 20 policies

sarah707
06-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I print one copy and put it in a file for all families to access at any mutually convenient time.

I convert one copy of the statutory and most important policies into PDF and send it by email to all new parents.

When I make updates I email parents with the updated information.

I include the highlights about P & Ps in other documents such as newsletter, parents page of website etc to continually remind them.

I ask parents to sign to say they have read and understood my P & Ps and remind them where they can find the latest information.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
06-04-2012, 10:08 AM
I have an 8 page Policies and Procedures document. My parents sign to say they have read and agree to them and that they have received a copy of them.

I think if I expect my parents to do this then I should at least give them a copy of all of them.

When a family start with me I give them a plastic folder with their copy of the contract, a copy of all the forms they have signed, a copy of my Polices and Procedures, the contact details and photographs of my emergency carers, and a copy of my Ofsted Report (we are required by Ofsted to give each of our parents a copy of our report).

They also get a copy of my holiday dates for the rest of the year.
A copy of a leaflet about EYFS
A list of useful web links like the one to HPA info on infectious diseases and exclusion periods.

Gracie's mamma
06-04-2012, 10:59 AM
I email them over and ask the parents to read and print off a copy which says they have read and they sing to say they have.

I have a hard copy in my file for them all to read if they wan to .

rickysmiths
06-04-2012, 09:27 PM
I email them over and ask the parents to read and print off a copy which says they have read and they sing to say they have.

I have a hard copy in my file for them all to read if they wan to .

Just be careful they are in a format that stops the parents changing anything.

2kidsunder5
10-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I email them in a zip file and parents sign a sheet which lists them all saying they have received, read and understood them. Any changes made to them or additional ones I print and give each parent a copy, and parents again sign to say they have received, read and understood them.