PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition policy

Jelly Baby
06-04-2012, 07:16 AM
I had a pre inspection as Ofsted are due in April. One thing the lady mentioned was a nutrition policy but i have no idea where to start. I have one on food etc and she has given me a website with bits to look at but wondered if anyone has one for ideas please?

Thanks

miffy
06-04-2012, 07:31 AM
I have a healthy eating policy. I suggest you read the bits of the Eyfs that cover food and drink that should help you decide what to put in your policy.

If you have a look on the Bromley website I'm sure there will be something on there you could adapt too

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
06-04-2012, 07:34 AM
I don't have a Nutrition Policy!

I have a sample weekly menu in my Parents Information Folder and with that I talk about providing healthy snacks and fresh home cooked meals. I also say I provide all meals and as I was trained as a Home Economist and in food and Nutrition am able to cater for any allergies, special diets and am happy to continue to wean babies.

I am about to add something that says I refer to the new Child Nutrition Guidelines that the Government have recently issued.

Jelly Baby
06-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Thanks. I have a menu which i may add the nutrtion bit to will be quicker than doing a whole new one!
Thanks again.