PDA

View Full Version : Just had the call! What activities can I do?

wonderwoman80
05-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Hi this will be my first inspection comin a week on Monday. Am already dreading it and feel sick at the very thought!! Just feel I will never get all the paperwork done!

I will only have a 9 month old on the morning of inspection and my own little 3 year old once collected from nursery but trying to make plans for him.

Wondered if anyone else had been inspected whist having a baby and what activities worked well? Any advice appreciated.

blue bear
05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Best to go with what you would normally have done had it not been your inspection day. Don't change things or try something new it's more likely to back fire.

onceinabluemoon
05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
DO whatever it is you normally do. You'll be fine :) (they are pretty wise to people who change everything just for their inspection)

loocyloo
05-04-2012, 07:44 PM
again, i would say, just do what you usually do :D

maybe a treasure basket or something to engage the baby with? but you will be fine :D good luck x

miffy
05-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Go with whatever the baby is interested in so if he likes songs and rhymes then sing some of those, perhaps get the musical instruments out for him to explore too.

Good luck, you'll be great :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Joda
06-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Like everyone else has said; just do what ever you usually do with lo. When I had my inspection a few weeks ago, I planned the activities I would do with the 2 x 3yr olds I had that day - however, the inspector and I sat in the playroom with the activities whilst the mindee's played with the toy cars ....... in the kitchen!
Also, the inspector will be talking to you and asking questions so try to do things that will keep the baby amused without too much input from you.

Good luck!

Natternic
07-04-2012, 09:43 AM
him ive got my first inspection this tuesday too and have a 2 half year old, and a 10month old plus my own 6 year old.(i am trying to send my son somewhere too! as he was so bored last week and did my head in, even tho we did loads) anyhow, im planning on doing what we normally do, and hoping that 10month old will sleep for pretty much all of it, so the 2 year old isnt as defiant, and not sharing like last week.
just be yourself, easier said than done i know, as im no good selling myself but im not worried and pretty confident with all my paperwork.
good luck

wonderwoman80
07-04-2012, 06:23 PM
good luck too! Wish I had your confidence!

miffy
08-04-2012, 08:00 AM
good luck too! Wish I had your confidence!

You will be OK, honest :). Give the inspector all your paperwork then just play with the children and try and forget he/she is there, keep to your usual routines, keep outwardly calm (even if you don't feel it) and don't forget they are human too.

Miffy xx