PDA

View Full Version : OMGI must sound like a man!

EmmaReed84
05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
People keep calling me thinking I am Carlton!!!

Hi say Hello in a nice what I think is a "lady tone" and I get

"Hi Carlton are you up yet?" (at 7.30am)
"Hi are you open tomorrow?"...."Erm, no?"... "Is that Carlton?".... "Erm, no!"
"Hi Carlton are you going to the christening?"
"Carlton what time are you picking me up?"

Each time they have heard me say hello, yet never think... oh that sounds like a lady and not Carlton!!! I have had SOOOO many phone calls over the past 2 months. Some people quickly hang up and others apologise... yet STILL get it wrong!

I have spoke to one girl 3 times and now she just giggles and says "Oppps wrong number again"

:censored:OFF! :laughing:

silvermist
05-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Lol, I wish you could put a recording on here then we could all tell you if you sounded male or female! This post did make me chuckle! :laughing:

EmmaReed84
05-04-2012, 04:13 PM
It makes me chuckle too because I imagine Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bal-air :laughing:

silvermist
05-04-2012, 04:16 PM
PMSL, I can just see you doing Carlton's dance to 'its not unusual' by tom jones!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

loopyloopy
05-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Next time you should say yes this is carlton and go along with it to see what happens. I'd do this everytime and wind them up, they would soon dial the right blimmin number :laughing:

Bridey
05-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh dear, some people!!

I walked into a room the other day and caught my 14 year old son, talking in his deepest voice, trying to convince an Indian call centre that HE was Mrs ***** (I hate those calls!!)

ajs
05-04-2012, 06:13 PM
You're obviously not old enough to remember Carlton the doorman

alwaysright
05-04-2012, 08:19 PM
maybe the real carlton sounds like a lady :):) hope carlton isnt your husband :)