PDA

View Full Version : Not being paid

mrsbonnet
04-04-2012, 03:34 PM
I have an after schooler whose Mum is at college and it has been set up the college pay me direct in arrears.
I chased up my Feb invoice to be told only half would be paid as she hasn't been turning up to college. I have now found out she has only been there 4 days in March so in total I am short just over £100. I found this out last week just before I was due to pick up her son and texted her to ask if she was at college or if she would be collecting him herself. She replied she was at college and I was to collect him. I have now been told by the college she was not in that day.
Surprisingly, I now can't get hold of her! I have texted and asked what she wants to do, ie instalments but no reply, phone not being answered.
I feel I will have to write to her and say if the outstanding amount is not paid by the end of the Easter hols I will not be able to care for her child. I can't trust she will turn up for college and more arrears will build up.
I have a feeling I will be ignored, or told where to go and I will never see the money.
I'm not in the NCMA and it was one of my own info forms she completed.
I always work on a fees up front basis but didn't think I'd need to with it being paid for her.

Any comments welcome!

mama2three
04-04-2012, 04:07 PM
when I took on a college mum i spoke to the finance officer about whar would happen if she failed to attend. He assured me my invoice would be paid and that the college would be the ones chasing Mum for any difference. I would get back onto college and tell them this is unacceptable , they agreed to pay your fees !

At the same time I would send mum an invoice by recorded delivery so she cant say she hasnt recieved it.

It doesnt matter whether youre a member of ncma , you must be insured by one of the companies - MM? Get onto their helpline and get some advice there , its what you pay your insurance fees for!!

boxtree7
04-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I would certainly get back in touch with the college - Does it say anywhere that if student falls to attend what would happen with your payments.

Bridey
04-04-2012, 08:02 PM
You mentioned an info form. Am I right in thinking you've not actually got a contract with her? In which case I'm afraid you do not have a leg to stand on :panic:

miffy
04-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Did you have anything in writing from the college about the conditions attached to paying you? At the very least you should have been told that if she did not attend then you would not be paid. I agree with the others I'd be talking to the college ASAP, I don't think you've been treated very well.

Miffy xx

mrsbonnet
04-04-2012, 10:54 PM
It was my understanding I would be paid for days she was at college, I didn't expect her not to go! I was with ncma, now MM but have my own forms I use to get all the info and permissions necessary. I usually work on a payment in advance basis.
I don't think I have a leg to stand on, not worth small claim. I see her at school gates every morning and will certainly warn the other childminders there.

caz3007
05-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Do you not have a contract?

Demonjill
05-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I would confront her face to face at the school gates:thumbsup::D