PDA

View Full Version : Changing Insurance Providers

Louise85
04-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Hi,

I've been listening to all the views on NCMA, and trying to make up my own mind about whether to renew or not. My biggest concern is if I were to cancel my insurance with NCMA and start using MM - would the NCMA contracts and paperwork that I have in place for existing parents be ok if anything were to happen (I have lovely parents, but I'd rather be safe than sorry).

Has anyone else done this??

Thanks!!!

mama2three
04-04-2012, 07:25 AM
with ncma insurance you have to use ncma contracts , but with MM you can use any - so you'll be able to keep your ncma ones. It would be more difficult if you were swapping providers the other way round iyswim.
Im just about to order new contracts and undecided which to use..currently use ncma but havent seen the MM ones so difficult to compare. Tempted to stick with ncma ones just incase I ever want to go back to using their insurance.

Smiley
04-04-2012, 07:27 PM
My biggest concern is if I were to cancel my insurance with NCMA and start using MM - would the NCMA contracts and paperwork that I have in place for existing parents be ok if anything were to happen (I have lovely parents, but I'd rather be safe than sorry).

Has anyone else done this??

I do my own contracts and I'm insured with MM, if you decide to move away from NCMA then I would think you will need to use other contracts. it won't be a problem and I'm sure parents would be quite happy to go over them. It would be an opportunity for a contract review

sarah707
04-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Morton Michel do not have a problem with you using your own contracts.

You will be fully covered ... as long as you keep to the details on your fees policy / contracts / terms and conditions or whatever other paperwork you use.

You might, however, want to change your contracts if you insure with MM because you can now write your own terms and conditions.

For example, MM allow you to cancel a contract for non payment as long as it is in your policies... unlike NCMA who require you to continue working during the notice period while the parent racks up even more debt.

Hth :D

Penny1959
04-04-2012, 07:47 PM
I have just changed insurance from NCMA to MM - I checked everything out for myself before doing so.

As Sarah says MM will cover you no matter whose contracts you use - so actually I am better protected as I use my own contacts and although NCMA would have given advice - that is all they would have done - but now if I ever need legal support - MM will provide it.

And my contracts do have there own terms and conditions - and stopping providing childcare when a non payment issue is one of them.

My advise would be to check it out for yourself - write down the questions you want to ask - and ring them both to get the answers.

Penny :)

Louise85
04-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks Everyone - going to do as Penny suggested - list of questions and phone them both :-)