PDA

View Full Version : Advice please!

Dani Girl90
03-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Hey guys,
Im becoming a bit confused. :panic: I want to know which courses i need to have done/training need to have before my first graded inspection.
Firstly I have my paediatric first aid, i am doing the home based course that is compulsory within 6 months of registering. I also have level 2 food hygiene.
What else do i need? I have read and heard all different things and so don't want to miss anything i should have.
Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :thumbsup:

sarah707
03-04-2012, 05:11 PM
The only statutory courses are pre-registration and first aid.

You should try and get a safeguarding one done as well :D

Dani Girl90
04-04-2012, 08:42 AM
The only statutory courses are pre-registration and first aid.

You should try and get a safeguarding one done as well :D

Ah brilliant. Pre registration course? Did you do the safeguarding one through virtual college? thanks for reply!

sarah707
04-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Ah brilliant. Pre registration course? Did you do the safeguarding one through virtual college? thanks for reply!

The pre-registration course is statutory. You will normally do it through your local authority but sometimes online.

If you don't do it you can't register.

Safeguarding should be through your local authority as well - it will be a requirement from September.

Hth :D

Dani Girl90
04-04-2012, 08:32 PM
The pre-registration course is statutory. You will normally do it through your local authority but sometimes online.

If you don't do it you can't register.

Safeguarding should be through your local authority as well - it will be a requirement from September.

Hth :D

I have checked the Ofsted website and there is no mention of a pre-reg course? Is this for certain areas? I attended briefings and have first aid etc but no mention of a pre reg course has come up?