PDA

View Full Version : What a Great Surprise

charleyfarley
02-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I was off out this morning but got delayed by the children and so glad I was because ELC phoned me to say they had some sand pits in the stockroom that weren't accounted for and as they were they are closing down :eek: would I like one free of charge :clapping::clapping:

Well of course I said YES :jump for joy: but at the same time I was so sad they are closing. It will be such a loss not only for me and other customers but also for the staff :(

I shall be taking some chocs in with me for the staff when I collect the sand pit just to say thank you from me as they always phone me when there are offers on. I just hope they find other jobs :thumbsup:

Carol xx

nell57
02-04-2012, 06:43 PM
:clapping:Well done for getting a freebie

Which one is closing though! The one local to me?
:panic:

charleyfarley
02-04-2012, 06:48 PM
:clapping:Well done for getting a freebie

Which one is closing though! The one local to me?
:panic:

The one in Hanley, it closes on the 23rd April so look out for the sale as it'll start in the next week or so I should imagine. I'm going to ask them when I collect the sand pit when it starts and for them to ring me so I don't miss out on the bargains :D

Did you not get called today?

Carol xx

loopyloopy
02-04-2012, 07:35 PM
The one in Hanley, it closes on the 23rd April so look out for the sale as it'll start in the next week or so I should imagine. I'm going to ask them when I collect the sand pit when it starts and for them to ring me so I don't miss out on the bargains :D

Carol xx

I used to be local to Hanley lol spent lots of weekends shopping there and grew up not far from there :D

Excellent freebie :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
02-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I used to be local to Hanley lol spent lots of weekends shopping there and grew up not far from there :D

Excellent freebie :thumbsup:

So where are you now?

Carol xx

miffy
02-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Well done Carol, what a lovely surprise!

Our local ELC is also closing this month, staff told me the company are closing lots of branches, it's a great shame :(

Miffy xx

nell57
02-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Carol xx

Ok, think I'm loosing the plot, could of sworn I'd replied to this comment:doh: ( and it's only Monday)

Anyway, can't believe it's closing:(. And I'm off on my jollys next week, so will probably miss the bargains:rolleyes:

loopyloopy
02-04-2012, 08:09 PM
So where are you now?

Carol xx

Im in Oxford now but lived in norton and went to holden lane high and then moved to trent vale and went to n-u-l college :)

charleyfarley
02-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Im in Oxford now but lived in norton and went to holden lane high and then moved to trent vale and went to n-u-l college :)

We used to live in Oxford, well Bicester but visited Oxford and Banbury for shopping, oohhh and Milton Keynes :clapping::clapping:

Carol xx

charleyfarley
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Ok, think I'm loosing the plot, could of sworn I'd replied to this comment:doh: ( and it's only Monday)

Anyway, can't believe it's closing:(. And I'm off on my jollys next week, so will probably miss the bargains:rolleyes:

You did Helen, right at the start :laughing:

If you need anything let me know and I'll look out for it. if it's in the sale I'll get it for you and we'll sort it out later :thumbsup:

Carol xx

loopyloopy
02-04-2012, 08:24 PM
We used to live in Oxford, well Bicester but visited Oxford and Banbury for shopping, oohhh and Milton Keynes :clapping::clapping:

Carol xx

We swapped places then lol only been to milton keynes once though, i prefer reading for shopping :thumbsup:

So are you in Hanley itself then? My dad is coming to visit at the weekend and ive told him he cant come through the door unless he is armed with OATCAKES!!!! Oh how i miss oatcakes haha

charleyfarley
02-04-2012, 09:31 PM
We swapped places then lol only been to milton keynes once though, i prefer reading for shopping :thumbsup:

So are you in Hanley itself then? My dad is coming to visit at the weekend and ive told him he cant come through the door unless he is armed with OATCAKES!!!! Oh how i miss oatcakes haha

No we're in Kingsley Holt (Cheadle) but OMW my son is oatcake mad, a proper Stokie :laughing: Me I've only just started to like them after 7 years of being here!! I even have the recipe to make them, he loves them that much.

Milton Keynes is fab at Xmas for shopping, it has the german Market outside and also the skating rink.

Carol xx

nell57
03-04-2012, 05:34 AM

I'm Sneyd Green now loopyloopy Holden Lane is my nearest high school. So I'm 5 mins from Hanley. I lived in Norton until I was about 8 ( many many moons ago;)

Oh and as for oatcakes, try google high lane oatcakes they do a postal service now, deliver anywhere in the world:D

loopyloopy
03-04-2012, 06:15 AM
I'm Sneyd Green now loopyloopy Holden Lane is my nearest high school. So I'm 5 mins from Hanley. I lived in Norton until I was about 8 ( many many moons ago;)

Oh and as for oatcakes, try google high lane oatcakes they do a postal service now, deliver anywhere in the world:D

Wow I'm so gonna look :) they do have to be the proper stokie oatcakes though, I do miss being up that way sometimes and my nan used to live in cheadle, my dad lives in foresbrook :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
03-04-2012, 08:34 AM
High lane oatcakes are proper ones :)

Mmmm feel like oatcakes now :thumbsup:

Shame about elc though :(

Nikki125
03-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Thats fab :clapping: Im currently on the hunt for a sand/water table. Does anyone know any going cheap anywhere?