PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping

EmmaReed84
02-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I currently rent my house and although the house is not that big, the garden is MASSIVE!!! My garden slopes down hill we have a fenced off patio with a gate and steps leading down to the very very long grassed area... The grass is not that great it dents, and bumps all the way down. It is not too bad at the bottom though.

I am in two minds on what to do... there is a slight chance we will one day buy this property as the landlord is a family friend.

I would like to have the bottom half of the garden levelled off with bark laid down and all my play equipment in a sort of fenced off "park" bit then nice grass then back up to the patio.

How much would someone expect to pay a landscaper to do something like this? Would it be worth it? My landlord has a heart of gold but seriously it takes him about a year to fix one job in my house so getting him to do our garden is a big no no...

Any advice?

rickysmiths
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I have no idea. I would talk to friends, family and neighbours and see if anyone knows someone. Then I would get several quotes.

EmmaReed84
02-04-2012, 04:38 PM
I have no idea. I would talk to friends, family and neighbours and see if anyone knows someone. Then I would get several quotes.

lol I clicked New Posts and saw my landscaping post and your name and thought... "Ahhh now there is one very knowledgable person, I am in for some great advice" lol

DH's uncle is does grounds maintainance and keeps saying he will come round but never does and I am getting fed up now, this is the 3rd year with a crappy garden lol.

I just measured it is 23ft wide and about 150ft long... would rather have a nice garden half the size, than this garden which is awful lol

FussyElmo
02-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Our garden is about 70ft long and about 36 ft wide. A couple of years ago we have several quotes through to level it off have raised flower beds and a new patio laid and the cheapest came in at just under £5000.

Needless to say we didnt have it done and are slowly trying to do it ourselves. The best thing about an unlandscapped garden is that it came be wild the children can dig and you dont get stressed but I know what you feel would love to have someone in and to have it fixed quickly.

silvermist
02-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Hi Emma, I think you're probably looking at a fair chunk of money for landscaping. My friend's a landscaper and charges way too much for me to ever pay him to do anything. Sorry thats not alot of help. x