PDA

View Full Version : Involuntary singles might want to read

keeks
02-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Hi guys, I've not been on here for ages, life outside has been hectic to say the least.

I just wanted to share my surprisingly (to me) positive experience of a certain dating website. After being single for 18 months I finally decided to join eharmony on recommendation of one of my mums. She had been glowing for a few days when we got chatting and she warmly recommended I give it a go, so I did. She is still really happy together with the guy she met, the first one she went on a date with.

I won't go in to how it's different from other websites, just want to say it was perfect for me. Slow and gentle, not at all overwhelming, you are matched on compatibility and they only send you a few matches per day. The only down side is the price, but thinking how much I can spend on a night out, £80 for 3 months isn't too terrible.

I was on there for a few weeks, and then I started chatting with a really nice guy. He is the only one I've met up with, and we have now been on quite a few dates and we get on like a house on fire! We are so compatible, we both want the same thing in a relationship, we have the same interests and ideas. Of course it is early days, but whatever happens next I've had a really lovely time with him so far. Oh, and he is absolutely gorgeous! :D

I'm so happy and just wanted to share this, as it was only through another person's recommendations that I joined. At my age (39) I really think this is the best way of meeting someone special. Obviously, take all the safety precautions recommended, never put yourself in a vulnerable position.

Just wanted to spread the looooove! :laughing:

xx

AgentTink
02-04-2012, 07:43 AM
This thread has really made me smile. I love hearing people's love stories. My mum has been single for coming up to 25 years. She is only 58. I am forever telling her that she should try to meet someone, but she insists she is too old and anyway she can never meet a nice guy when she is out. I think I might just recommend this site. A physic did tell her that she would meet someone this year through Internet dating!

caz3007
02-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I met my hubby online 11 years ago, not on a dating site, but on AOL chat. Go with the flow, have a good time and if it turns into something more in time, then fantastic.

Enjoy xx

~Chelle~
02-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I met my hubby online and we are still going strong.

Hope it works out for you and glad you have found someone who makes you happy :clapping:

keeks
02-04-2012, 09:01 AM
This thread has really made me smile. I love hearing people's love stories. My mum has been single for coming up to 25 years. She is only 58. I am forever telling her that she should try to meet someone, but she insists she is too old and anyway she can never meet a nice guy when she is out. I think I might just recommend this site. A physic did tell her that she would meet someone this year through Internet dating!

Sounds like it would be perfect for her! I also found that it just isn't possible to meet someone nice when you go out. And even if you meet someone you click with, you still have to find out whether you are compatible on a deeper level.

To Chelle and Caz, that is lovely, very encouraging for a newbie to hear! :laughing:

xx

Bear23
02-04-2012, 09:07 AM
i met my ex on a dating site, we were together six years.

I thought it was better as you get the chance to talk first, find out more about the person x

foxy lady
02-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I met other half 6 years ago on girls date for free internet site. be are now very happy with a beautiful 2.5 years old son , oh happy days xxxxx:)

AliceK
02-04-2012, 09:39 AM
I met other half 6 years ago on girls date for free internet site. be are now very happy with a beautiful 2.5 years old son , oh happy days xxxxx:)

Same here. I met my OH on a dating website 6 and half years ago. He took my then 18mth old DS on as his own and we now also have a 4yr old DD. He has his own older children as well. He is wonderful (mainly :laughing:), nothing like my ex. We've had our ups and downs but I can honestly recommend these sites. As said before though just remember to use your common sense about keeping safe and trust your instincts :thumbsup:

xxxx

The Juggler
02-04-2012, 11:18 AM
aww keeks, that is so lovely and lovely to hear all the other success stories. :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
I met the current mr parsleypetal on a dating site 10 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Still madly in love.

Mandy xxxx

Bridey
02-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Happily, happily, happily single :thumbsup: