PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

pinkellifun
31-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi

Firstly can I say you have all been brilliant to me and helping whilst I am getting myself ready to go. All I'm waiting for now is Ofsted to call with my pre-registration visit. Hopefully not long!

I have decided to write my own contracts and would like your opinions on whether I have got it right. I won't write the whole thing down!

The headings I've used are:

About You and Your Child - detailing name, address, dob, parent/guardian details, etc
Contracted hours - detailing what hours each day are required
Charges for Childcare Services - detailing my fees, late payment fees, etc
Deposit - detailing how much is required, when its refunded, etc
Settling In - detailing 2 x 1-2 hr sessions free
Notice Periods - detailing what periods are required, also that I will terminate contract with immediate effect if I receive abuse of any kind, verbal, text or email
Cancellation Rights :confused: not sure what to put here - any help?
Points to be discussed before signing - i.e. complaints, policies, etc
Signatures

Do you think this covers everything I need?

With regards to cancellation rights - I have no idea what to put in this section. I would like to put something about cancelling during the settling in period but not sure what the normal process is with that.

Thanks in advance

Rachel1983
31-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Hi

I'm new at this to but it was my tutors understanding that a contract you make yourself isn't legal should you need to go to court for any reason...
i bought mine off NCMA....

it cost me £90 pounds to join... this included my public liabilty insurence and then around £50 for contracts and medication, registers and so on....

I hope this helps...

not really what you asked i know

sarah707
31-03-2012, 07:34 PM
If you are insuring with NCMA you must buy their contracts if you want to be covered in the future if things go wrong.

If you are insuring with Morton Michel you can use your own... but I strongly suggest you use their contracts to start with so you are sure you have the right wording.

Much of what you have put in your post is ok for a fees policy / all about me form / permission form ... the contract is normally more specific to the child, days, hours, money.

Hth :D

Rachel1983
31-03-2012, 07:38 PM
If you are insuring with NCMA you must buy their contracts if you want to be covered in the future if things go wrong.

If you are insuring with Morton Michel you can use your own... but I strongly suggest you use their contracts to start with so you are sure you have the right wording.

Much of what you have put in your post is ok for a fees policy / all about me form / permission form ... the contract is normally more specific to the child, days, hours, money.

Hth :D

so i am covered then because i bought there contracts ???