PDA

View Full Version : DH just asks for touble lol

EmmaReed84
31-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Well we went to our local village hall for a 50th anniversary party for DH's Nan and Granddad. It wasn't too big about 50 people or so really nice gathering everyone having a good time.

DH is outside talking to his sisters BF when he makes the following comment "Wow look at her, she is well fit!" then her BF comes up (son of a family member) "Stop looking at my gf, who do you think you are looking at her?" :laughing: DH - "Sorry mate, didn't mean any offence I was just saying, I aint trying to cop off, my wife is inside!" :rolleyes:

VeggieSausage
01-04-2012, 06:22 AM
I am afraid I wouldn't be impressed with any of it!

FussyElmo
01-04-2012, 06:31 AM
And you are still speaking to him? Think my dh would have been in the doghouse for weeks

flowerpots
01-04-2012, 06:47 AM
I am afraid I wouldn't be impressed with any of it!

Ditto!!! :(

EmmaReed84
01-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Why though? He said some girl was fit? He didn't try to get in her pants, he made an observation... I would have probably said the same!

Both DH and I trust each other one million percent, I know he LOOKS at other women the way I LOOK at other blokes, it is a natural thing to look... everyone does it... EVERYONE! DH and I have seen people before and commented on how pretty/goodlooking someone is.

Why put him in the dog house for something he hasn't done? Cracks me up when people get in a tiss about their other halves LOOKING at others... just because you don't see it, doesn't mean they don't do it. They just don't get caught doing it!

Bridey
01-04-2012, 08:50 AM
I think it is one thing to think it and quite another to declare it loudly at a family party!

Twinkles
01-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I think it is one thing to think it and quite another to declare it loudly at a family party!

I agree. I'd also find it quite disrespectful if my DH openly ogled other women and I wouldn't check out other men in front of him.
Now someone will come along and say 'but you'd do it behind his back isn't that worse ?'
I don't think so. There is nothing wrong in appreciating good looking people but a bit of discretion and respect is called for IMHO.

jumpinjen
01-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I have said to my husband how pretty or attractive I think another lady is sometimes and he has agreed but he wouldn't say 'well fit' as if he fancied her - I think different men use different terms though - like local lingo y'know? I know my husband refers to me as 'The Mrs' or 'the wife' at work and I've told him I think it's horrible - he never uses it anywhere else except when with 'the lads' at work so I don't fuss - I haven't ever commented to him that another man is hansome or attractive though - wonder if he would be bothered if I did? I have to be honest I don't find other men attractive, obviously blinded to my gorgeous hubby LOL - Jen x

lozzy23
01-04-2012, 09:51 AM

Exactly what I thought, can you imagine if it had turned into an arguement or even a fight at his grandparents party, that would have spoilt their day.

I actually find his comment disrespectful to the lady in question and to you, especially as his comment was loud enough to be overheard. I know my husband's type and know who he will take a sneaky peek at, but he would never comment, not even with friends, he is too much of a gentleman.

Maybe I am just from a different generation.

EmmaReed84
01-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I get what you are saying, perhaps it is just me but I really don't mind... If DH thought for one moment it upset me then he wouldn't say it. He was standing with some other family members outside and happened to notice the girl.

DH and I are quite jokey, we don't take things to heart and like he said, he would have said it whether I was there or not. Not to be disrepectful or rude... DH is not what I would call "tactful" and he often engages his mouth, before his brain can catch up... he literally saw this girl and said she was fit... TBH I probably would have said the same.

I don't mind DH looking and I would rather he look and we can be open and be adult about things rather than him sneakily look... that to me is more disrespectful.

Each to their own... and like DH says... If another bloke said I was fit, DH would take it as a compliment... as would I :thumbsup:

nipper
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Maybe you shouldn't be posting about it on here if you don't want people to comment honestly then???

EmmaReed84
01-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Maybe you shouldn't be posting about it on here if you don't want people to comment honestly then???

I don't mind people commenting honestly... have no issues whatsoever, I was merely saying that I must be the odd one out as it really didn't bother me. Not quite sure where I said that I didn't want people to comment honestly :rolleyes:

I am all for people expressing their opinions even if they are different to mine, it is what makes this an interesting world to live in ;) :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
01-04-2012, 09:09 PM
don't worry Emma - me and DH have exactly the same sort of relationship... and i feel the same way, i don't care who he thinks looks good etc as I know he adores me and thinks i am the dogs b****ks. :D

The Juggler
01-04-2012, 09:13 PM
I agree. I'd also find it quite disrespectful if my DH openly ogled other women and I wouldn't check out other men in front of him.
Now someone will come along and say 'but you'd do it behind his back isn't that worse ?'
I don't think so. There is nothing wrong in appreciating good looking people but a bit of discretion and respect is called for IMHO.

see now I'm the opposite. have no problem DH telling me who he finds attractive but would be mad if he was discussing it with other blokes :p

Mouse
01-04-2012, 09:18 PM
He sounds a real charmer :laughing:

nikki thomson
01-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi, well as my dad always says 'there's nothing wrong with window shopping as long as you don't go in and buy anything', lol. X

Becci26
02-04-2012, 06:22 AM
My opinion on this is that I wouldn't have a problem with oh commenting about somebody being attractive but I WOULD have an issue with him doing it so blatantly at a family party. I feel that out of respect for others it should be discreet (well preferably not at all!) not within earshot of other people and when it is clearly someone within the family.
I certainly wouldn't think it funny