PDA

View Full Version : Just want to check

melco
31-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Before I get started I just want to check that I am doing things right.

I am looking after 2 little ones aged 2 years and one 9 months. I only look after them for 4 hours on a Monday so I am finding it hard and have so many ideas inside my head that I want to put down but don't want to go ahead and find out I having been doing it all wrong.

Each day I write a diary on both of them, this has everything we have done in those 4 hours! The outings we have been on, the food they have eaten and nappy changes etc.

I have only had them for 2 weeks so have not started doing anything else just yet as I wanted to get to know them first. So I have in my head planning, we walk to the library for singing, when we get back is lunchtime, after lunch they get to play or have quiet time until their mum arrives.

Is there anything else I can add to the planning? 4 hours goes very quick!

Then in the learning journals I want to put details of the outing to the library, pictures of their day, and what they played with.

Just want to check what they cover in the EYFS. I felt with the singing at the library this covers KUW as we walk there and discuss all the different things we see, it covers communication, language and literacy with the singing and the problem solving as there are a lot of songs that use numbers and counting. Physical Development as the 2 yr old walks back. I know I don't need to cover all the 6 areas but am I thinking correctly on this? Also This covers the 2 year old but what about the 9month old?

After lunch 2 yr old enjoys playing with a food set that I have but he tends to just empty the box and then put them all back. Could this be the opportunity to do an observation, to sit with him to see if he can recognise the different foods, count the food and maybe even discuss what is healthy and what is not or will this be too much for his age?

Sorry to go on, but just want to get some feedback before I start doing it. As I just keep worrying at the moment especially as a lot of other childminders I know have worked in an early years setting before so seem to know what they are doing.

Any help or feed back will be much appreciated and again sorry for going on.

Thanks

Mel

kim-d
01-04-2012, 07:51 AM
All that sounds great also if they do actions in the rhymes they sing thats fine/gross motor skills. Maybe afterwards choosing a book to take home from the library P.S.E. yes next steps emptying food out and putting them back in you could count, do colours, food types then use foods such as oranges, lemons, potatoes etc cut in half and do painting C.d etc for the 9 month old use your treasure basket and let them feel fresh fruits textures etc use your eyfs grid aswell this will help with the areas and next steps.:clapping:

sarah707
01-04-2012, 08:06 AM
When children come here part time I have a routine for them which meets almost every area of the Eyfs ...

Then I write down anything different that happened, take photos for their LJ etc :D