PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on dealing with DS please...

acorns
31-03-2012, 01:22 PM
OK. My DS aged 12 has ADHD which is reasonably controlled with medication. However he has got in with some friends that are having a negative impact on his behaviour and he has lost other friends through this. He's had a bad couple of weeks at school for the first time (started senior school last Sept). Today after some silly behaviour outside my house which I find highly embarassing I told him that as a consequence he would lose time on the PC today but could earn it back for tomorrow with better behaviour. He said 'you can't tell me what to do' and walked out of the house, this was over an hour ago and I have no idea where he has gone. I'm just hoping the Police don't bring him back.

mama2three
31-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Bless you you must be beside yourself.
the police bringing him back may not be such a bad thing either , he may actually get a wake up call.
But much more likely is he'll be back once hes hungry and feeling very sorry for himself.

acorns
31-03-2012, 03:06 PM
You're right, he came back after an hour for his lunch!!! Relieved he was on his own & not with the police. He did ask 'well, when were you going to come and look for me?' I said I knew he'd come back when he was hungry. Feeling guilty that I wasn't unduly worried, just a bit, although as time was getting on my anxiety was increasing as my crossness at his behaviour was decreasing. I thought it does show though that he can go off on his own and return safely, he had gone over the fields near us for a walk. It's the first time he's done this and may be a good thing for him to do when he wants to get away from home for a bit (also gives me some thinking space!)

The Juggler
31-03-2012, 10:36 PM
oh hon, what a worry. I feel I have all this to come. my son doesn't have ADHD but is soooo moody. when I speak to him I never know what his reaction will be. one minute he's hugging me, next he hates me :panic:

glad he came back safely.
:)

irislili
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
:group hug: what a worry - glad it worked out okay in the end x