PDA

View Full Version : Fire Injury from Petrol Madness

rickysmiths
30-03-2012, 10:00 AM
How sad. I wondered how long it would take. I think David Cameron should be held personally responsible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/fuel/9175478/Fuel-strike-woman-suffers-40-per-cent-burns-in-jerry-can-fire.html

Bridey
30-03-2012, 10:11 AM
I know all this has been really, really badly handled but I don't think he can be held personally responsible for someone stupid enough to decant petrol in front of a gas cooker. I'm not saying she deserved this, it sounds horrific but honestly ...

rickysmiths
30-03-2012, 10:14 AM
I know all this has been really, really badly handled but I don't think he can be held personally responsible for someone stupid enough to decant petrol in front of a gas cooker.

Well he was the one who advised people to get jerry cans to store petrol in and to fill up our tanks. He is the one who is directly responsible because of his stupid advise.

loopyloopy
30-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I agree with you both this had been very badly handled by David Cameron, there is no need for it at all and especially not this early on and I have to say whilst I feel for the lady who is injured, I wouldn't wish it on anybody, it is completely stupid to even contemplate doing anything like that let alone next to a cooker. This is basic safety stuff and she should have known better.

EmmaReed84
30-03-2012, 10:42 AM
So if David Cameron said "In strong winds the best thing to do is get out your car and jump off the QEII bridge to ensure your safety" would you do it becasue David Cameron said so...

...Sorry but how :censored: stupid do you have to be to be decanting PETROL near a gas cooker...THAT IS ON!!! hello??? Common sense anyone?

I kind of get what he was saying, basically gradually fill up, prepare for it, but don't go crazy... and what did the great british public do... went crazy? All of a sudden common sense seemed to have deserted everyone!

Mouse
30-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I know all this has been really, really badly handled but I don't think he can be held personally responsible for someone stupid enough to decant petrol in front of a gas cooker. I'm not saying she deserved this, it sounds horrific but honestly ...

Couldn't agree more. And I don't think it was him who personally gave the advice. I'm sure it was another minister.

No wonder this country is in such a sorry state when people do such idiotic things...then blame the PM. What happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions and thinking for themselves.

rickysmiths
30-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I do agree that common sense left this woman and what she did was very stupid.

However the advise given by the Prime Minister and other ministers has been extremely stupid and there are people who will panic at what they say and they should be and are well aware of this and so should not have give such stupid advise.

They are the 'Leaders' of our country and should absolutely take some responsibility.

caz3007
30-03-2012, 11:56 AM
We havent panic bought, cos have some common sense, didnt listen to what the minister said on the TV. We just topped out what we usually do and a extra few litres as off to London next weekend and as been paid today, would have done this anyway. If we run out the following week and cant get any then so be it....lucky hubby can walk to work if needs be and me and the children can manage

onceinabluemoon
30-03-2012, 12:09 PM
It was Francis Maude who suggested "keeping a bit of petrol in a jerry can in the garage". He didn't suggest decanting it with a glass jug in your kitchen in front of a cooker though, and even if he did, how foolish would you have to be to do something that you must surely know is dangerous ...

ajs
30-03-2012, 12:35 PM
I agree with you both this had been very badly handled by David Cameron, there is no need for it at all and especially not this early on and I have to say whilst I feel for the lady who is injured, I wouldn't wish it on anybody, it is completely stupid to even contemplate doing anything like that let alone next to a cooker. This is basic safety stuff and she should have known better.

It's basic safety knowledge not to store or transfer petrol into another canister indoors