PDA

View Full Version : SO COME ON OWN UP .... ARE YOU ONE OF THE ONES THAT TOOK ALL OUR FUEL?

angeldelight
29-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Most of the pumps are empty by us, are they by you?

At 6.30 this morning the petrol station was full of cars

Panic buying so there is none left

Who has done this? :laughing:

Angel xxx

RainbowMum
29-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Not me - I happened to fill up last weekend as was running on fumes.... Godd job as we have to drive to London Tomorrow to catch a plane :clapping:

Would not have been impressed if we had to stress about filling up! :panic:

angeldelight
29-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Not me - I happened to fill up last weekend as was running on fumes.... Godd job as we have to drive to London Tomorrow to catch a plane :clapping:

Would not have been impressed if we had to stress about filling up! :panic:

You going on holiday Sharon?

Angel xx

rickysmiths
29-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Not me. I filled up this evening, I was on 1/4 tank and just naturally needed to fill up. There were ques this morning so I gave up but went at 8pm when I picked my dd up from the station. One car in front of me and I filled up with diesel at the cheapest price I have paid for weeks :clapping::clapping:

I just don't understand why people are being so stupid.

BucksCM
30-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Nope...well...I have just put some in the tank...but only because it was on 1/4 and i had to go and collect son from the station...so not panic buying as such...but worrying that every other :censored:is going to get it before I need to put more in...and it is half term next week...I don't want to be stuck at home with 4 boys and a baby girl! :eek:
I did try at as few on the way but no joy...all out of fuel...had to get it on the way back. Even our tescos had signs up saying out of fuel! :(

EmmaReed84
30-03-2012, 04:58 AM
I had to fill up yesterday as I needed to drive to my course and I was on red, the station was so busy and people in front of me paying really odd ammounts like £36.47 and £41.53 so guessing they were just filling right up lol... I just put £20... that will last me 2 weeks :thumbsup:

Playmate
30-03-2012, 05:20 AM
Not me. I filled up this evening, I was on 1/4 tank and just naturally needed to fill up. There were ques this morning so I gave up but went at 8pm when I picked my dd up from the station. One car in front of me and I filled up with diesel at the cheapest price I have paid for weeks :clapping::clapping:

I just don't understand why people are being so stupid.

you were lucky, we drove home from Stevanage last night on fumes! every station on the way home had stupid ques or closed! hubby was up at 4am this morning so went to tesco and there were still 16 people in the que, but at least at that time of the morning he had time to sit it out :panic:

Tink
30-03-2012, 05:59 AM
I went to Asda last night and had to divert because the queues to the petrol station were blocking the way.
People panic buy and it's silly, hope they get it sorted soon.

jumpinjen
30-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Not me - there was a traffic jam by every petrol station I had the misfortune to go past yesterday - my fuel is low now but I couldn't stand to wait half an hour for petrol - I suppose I'll have to next week as we're going away to Wales for Easter - possibly on the train at this rate!!!

Jen x

AgentTink
30-03-2012, 06:13 AM
My partner had to get up at 4 this morning to drive around the local area to get diesel as he had about 5 miles of fuel left in his car. He still had to queue at the only garage that had any fuel for 40 minutes. He was so annoyed, he has just filled up as normal with £60, but he said people had all sorts of extra fuel containers. It feels really silly but we r now talking about not using the car for anything other than his commute just in case. We were supposed to be at the zoo on Monday and Trafford center Tuesday but we might just leave it :(

littletreasures
30-03-2012, 06:52 AM
Yes - I did.

Only because my son is coming home from Uni for his sister's 18th this weekend and is then driving the car back to Canterbury on Sunday night where Uni is, otherwise he would only be at the family party for an hour before he would have to leave to get the train home.

He is going to drive back home at the end of the week when Uni finishes for Easter.

miss mopple
30-03-2012, 06:53 AM
I did :blush: But in my defence I needed fuel for tomorrow to get to Dorset as I'm off in a hot air balloon and I didnt want to run the risk of not getting any today. If we missed our flight that wold be alot of money down the drain.

Full tank now so we are up up and away :clapping::clapping::clapping:

mama2three
30-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Dh commutes 150 miles each day and didnt think he was coming home last night as he didnt have enough petrol to get home and back again today - luckily he did manage to fill up though. He has taken an overnight bag for tonight. And hes taking ds up to Glasgow on Sunday - really hope theres fuel for that , he would be incredibly disappointed. I could understand if the strike was actually on but they havent even given notice to strike yet!

boxtree7
30-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Certainly not me ............ people in front of my husband yesterday put 7.00 and 6.36 in the tank ! :panic:

Roseolivia
30-03-2012, 07:15 AM
No, luckily i filled my car Tuesday when we went out for the day as i was nearly on red then.

rickysmiths
30-03-2012, 07:17 AM
you were lucky, we drove home from Stevanage last night on fumes! every station on the way home had stupid ques or closed! hubby was up at 4am this morning so went to tesco and there were still 16 people in the que, but at least at that time of the morning he had time to sit it out :panic:

It seems I was lucky when dh drove past the petrol station 2hrs after I had filled up it was shut and out of fuel at 10pm, normally open till midnight :eek:

rickysmiths
30-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Certainly not me ............ people in front of my husband yesterday put 7.00 and 6.36 in the tank ! :panic:

Oh how stupid at least I put 45 litres in my tank.

PixiePetal
30-03-2012, 08:36 AM
I don't drive but DH fills his car once a week from the farm diesel tank - not the red one!!

We are off to Cornwall tomorrow so know we will get there but not sure what will happen after that - hope it all sorts out and people calm down. We might have to take some spare with us to get home :rolleyes: I said don't worry, I would be quite happy to stay there :laughing:

singingcactus
30-03-2012, 08:38 AM
No idea what they are like here. The local one is a cash only one, and our only cashpoint is not working. Don't have enough fuel to get to the one further away, and don't have any cash for buying at the local. Don't have enough fuel to get to the next cashpoint and then back to the filling station either.

Yay....:rolleyes: Life is good haha.

WibbleWobble
30-03-2012, 09:08 AM
phil is on fumes with his bike....he got up half an hour early to have a look for some petrol and everywhere was shut.

so....he might not get to work next week if he cant fill his bike....which means he cant distribute the medicines he moves round the country...which means if he is not the only one who cant get to work there will be a shortage of medicines......do you see how this will end????

we have a quarter of a tank of diesel in the car and we are keeping that for emergencies only.

so i am a bit cross really.....we have no fuel. we cant get any fuel....we are stuck

RainbowMum
30-03-2012, 10:04 AM
You going on holiday Sharon?

Angel xx

FLORIDA FOR TWO WEEKS :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Will be loading up the car shortly - HAve a good Easter everyone :D

caz3007
30-03-2012, 10:30 AM

Were they elderly by any chance and only go to Tesco once a week in their car and just topping up just in case :laughing:

nikki thomson
30-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Tesco's will have loads, there union isn't striking and they will top up when there getting low so need to panic. I know this as I was speaking to the lady in the tescos petrol station yesterday. X

kellib
30-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Tesco's will have loads, there union isn't striking and they will top up when there getting low so need to panic. I know this as I was speaking to the lady in the tescos petrol station yesterday. X

One of the Tesco's here had ran out last night!

Tinglesnark
30-03-2012, 10:42 AM
i have less than a quarter of a tank left but am not even going to bother. i have enough to collect ds1 from school this afternoon and then if i cant get fuel over the weekend we shall walk or use the bus.
people make me so cross! why cant they leave the fuel for those that need it? half of those on the forecourt do less than 10 miles a week anyway! :angry:

Chimps Childminding
30-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Were they elderly by any chance and only go to Tesco once a week in their car and just topping up just in case :laughing:

That was me :laughing: I had got just under half a tank, but I need to go visit my mum in the Nursing Home over the weekend (about 40 mile round trip) and pick DS3 up from the Airport on Tuesday :clapping::clapping::clapping: So while I was at Tesco this morning I "topped" up :blush: I did see an "old" guy with at least 3 petrol cans though - either he has a very large lawn or he's just greedy :angry:

rickysmiths
30-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Surely that's the point. NO Union is on strike or has announced if they are or when they may strike. Petrol is being delivered normally and there is no need to 'stock' up.

All that is happening at the moment is totally senseless and is causing ordinary people a lot of heartache and cost.

caz3007
30-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Sky news have just said that its unlikely that a strike will start in the next 10 days cos the talks arent being started until Monday, so surely the union has to give it a chance of a settlement being agreed.

Why all the panic, I suppose its cos its Easter holidays and lots of people are going away, thats set it all off.

silvermist
30-03-2012, 02:56 PM
OMG! Ive not been in long after going to asda for food shop. The petrol queue went on for about a mile and even caused congestion on the ringroad! :mad:There were about five or six men in high vis jackets waving everyone through and it was chaos. then on the radio on the way home they said they are not striking over easter holiday anyway! totally bonkers! Hubby said theyve just said it to inject aload of money into the kitty as its end of tax year soon. And by the way, no I didnt join the queue...if I run out of fuel, we'll just have to walk! I could do with the excersise anyway!:laughing:

babs
30-03-2012, 03:02 PM
ive not filled up went to morrisons last night to do a shop as had great neices and they wanted mac cheese for dinner and i hadnt got it in, was so angry nearly punched a bloke that drove at my car cus traffic lights went to green i pulled forward as u would but because people were queuing it blocked the lights and when they changed he drove at me i had kids in car ( not mindees great nieces ) went mental at him then went and got the manager told him to sort his car park out as it was dangerous .. Hubbys been to kiddiminster today and there all week next week for work so has to fill up as if he cant wont get to work so in turn we wont be able to pay bills. crazy when half of the people filling up are retired and probably dont do more than 10 miles a week .. :censored::censored:

christine e
30-03-2012, 03:35 PM
OMG! Ive not been in long after going to asda for food shop. The petrol queue went on for about a mile and even caused congestion on the ringroad! :mad:There were about five or six men in high vis jackets waving everyone through and it was chaos. then on the radio on the way home they said they are not striking over easter holiday anyway! totally bonkers! Hubby said theyve just said it to inject aload of money into the kitty as its end of tax year soon. And by the way, no I didnt join the queue...if I run out of fuel, we'll just have to walk! I could do with the excersise anyway!:laughing:

I am total agreement with your hubby extra 32million in revenue on tuesday alone I also think it is an opportunity to put the price up while everyone is in a panic they won't notice a penny or two going on

caz3007
30-03-2012, 03:41 PM
I am total agreement with your hubby extra 32million in revenue on tuesday alone I also think it is an opportunity to put the price up while everyone is in a panic they won't notice a penny or two going on

Lots wont notice, they will be just pleased they found a garage with fuel cos they were on the red

silvermist
30-03-2012, 03:44 PM

Thats exactly what dh said! Its a bit of a con really!:mad:

charleyfarley
30-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Not quilty your honour :laughing::laughing:

Although I do need fuel as less than a quarter of a tank left and I always fill up when I get that low. I would have got it yesterday but couldn't be bothered to queue up :panic:

Have a great holiday Sharon :thumbsup: We can't wait to go :jump for joy:

Carol xx

LOOPYLISA
30-03-2012, 05:13 PM
My cousin works in sainsburys petrol st and she said don't worry :thumbsup:

We filled up the other day so have enough for a while :thumbsup:

Its all rather silly if you ask me :rolleyes:

loocyloo
30-03-2012, 08:56 PM
i filled up this afternoon on my way home, i had half a tank and wouldn't usually bother, but Dh was using my car tonight to tow a HUGE trailer and didn't fancy having to try to get it in a petrol station if lots of people being silly about fuel!

apparently people round our way were queuing, but when i drove past there was no one there, AND they had petrol so i stopped!