PDA

View Full Version : Tips on weaning 2 year old off bottle please.

Maza
29-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I have a two year old mindee who still has a bottle of milk in the mornings and at bedtime. He drinks from a cup all day long but as part of his routine he still requests his milk in a bottle first thing and last thing at night. (So not an issue for me, but his mum needs some tips as she wants it to stop.) He is very sweet and very mature but just loves his bottles! Would you go cold turkey?

Many thanks. x

BucksCM
29-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Cut the teats and tell him "oh dear, they're broken, you can have your milk but in a cup" and just "forget" to buy more teats.
Did this with dummies when son was this age...worked for me. He was the one who put them in the bin because they were broken, so he knew where they went.

little chickee
29-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Cold Turkey! Its the only way. Just pick a day to start and from then on its no bottles no matter how much he pleads!! Sounds harsh but he'll be over it in a few days.

The Juggler
29-03-2012, 03:28 PM
cold turkey - throw them out so mum can't give in then trip to the shops to choose a big boys cup together :thumbsup:

QualityCare
29-03-2012, 04:00 PM
go to the shops and buy a cup for milk he disposes of bottles as debbiewebb says and cold turkey it may mean he doesn't drink milk at home for a while but you can give it at snack time in a cup with everyone else.