PDA

View Full Version : Help - feeling very confused

Stapleton83
27-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi,

Am apologising for the long windedness of this in advance!

I officially look after a LO on a Thursday between 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. however have been having her on a Tuesday all day (9 - 5) because her nana who usually has her, has been poorly.

A couple of Tuesday's ago her brother was ill, so she was collected at 2.30 p.m. - should I charge for the full day?

Then on Monday this week mum said she would still need me to have her this Tuesday, even though nana had her last Wednesday all day not quite sure why she didn't do Tuesday but there we go. I received a text last night at 10.11 p.m. from mum saying really sorry but nana thought she was having LO and could she pick her up at lunchtime! Texted back at 11.15 p.m. as I was really annoyed and said fine but need to know name, password and what time exactly! LO was picked up at 2:00 p.m. this afternoon so my question is what should I charge just for the hours she was here or the whole day? I feel like I am being messed about and am therefore inclined to charge for the whole day but want to be sure I'm not being unreasonable.

The problem is I know I should probably charge full days for both but don't have a full quota of children so she knows I have flexibility!:rolleyes:

Help!! Feel like I am being a wuss

Thanks in advance.

Sam x

cara1235
27-03-2012, 04:25 PM
If it were me I would charge for the hours she is contracted for even if lo is collected early, as for the tuesday if you are not contracted then you cant really charge i would just charge the hours she is with you on those days hth

maluvsya89
27-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Is the tuesday on the contract or any notes added to contract about tuesdays? If not I will charge for her the hours she used but if it is in contract then she is contracted to them hours so
Like one day her son was ill so she collected her early at 230 instead of 5 this is where I would charge her normal daily fee up to 5pm. As u said she knows u ve flexibility but she may start treating u with no respect n dropping of n pickin up when she likes.
X

Stapleton83
27-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Is the tuesday on the contract or any notes added to contract about tuesdays? If not I will charge for her the hours she used but if it is in contract then she is contracted to them hours so
Like one day her son was ill so she collected her early at 230 instead of 5 this is where I would charge her normal daily fee up to 5pm. As u said she knows u ve flexibility but she may start treating u with no respect n dropping of n pickin up when she likes.
X

My contract says 9 - 5 on a tues or weds on an ad hoc basis so that I can cover for the grandparents if not available. Just feeling a bit taken for granted :angry: which I HATE

Thanks for the advice I feel like I'm being used and she's taking the p***

Sam x

Goatgirl
27-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi :),
I would charge for any extra hours you have arranged and agreed to. Just as I do with my term time only's who want the odd day or week in the holidays. I treat it as ad hoc care. This means outside usual contracted hours, fine, but it doesn't mean messing me around and only paying for hours used. Parents pay for arranged hours full stop. depending if its worthwhile doing, I also sometimes charge a higher rate for ad hoc; my 'ad hoc rate'. Depends on the parents and the situation.

I would probably contact Mum now and say you're just doing bills/invoices and notice she's been arranging full days then taking LO out part way through, so you thought you would just ring to remind her that all the hours arranged are payable so you wanted to save her wasting any paid hours next time round :thumbsup:

If she's shocked then you need to discuss it with her again and be clear about your terms and conditions for the extra hours. If she just wants to use part days or have the option to, maybe she could pay a higher hourly rate but just for hours used? Make sure you're happy with whatever you agree to, it wont inconvenience you and really think it through before you commit to anything :thumbsup: I also think it would be worth writing it out clearly geting Mum to sign etc and adding it to the contract :).

good luck
wendy :)