PDA

View Full Version : BEE

loopyloopy
26-03-2012, 09:18 PM
There is a huge bee upstairs and I have no idea how to get rid of it. I hate bees as much as spiders. I was going up to bed and it must have been stuck in the curtains and after me chasing it around my room with a towel like a lunatic it made me a blithering wreck it has now flown to the light shade at the top of the stairs which now means I can't get to my bedroom. Dh is at work and he won't come home to get it :panic:

Kiddies are fast asleep and ds has tonsillitis as we found out this eve after him having a rough day and feeling yucky so I can't go throwing things at it as it will wake them up.

I don't want to hurt it, I would just like it to leave and go back to its own home and stop invading mine especially at bedtime :angry:

The Juggler
26-03-2012, 09:26 PM
can you get a big cup/bowl and some paper and trap it then put it outside?

loopyloopy
26-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Not really as I'm too short to reach it :blush:

I did think about standing on a chair but it's literally at the top of the stairs and knowing me I'll slip

I'll sleep downstairs :laughing:

ajs
27-03-2012, 06:36 AM
If it bothers you that much Hoover it up

miffy
27-03-2012, 06:39 AM
If it bothers you that much Hoover it up

That would have woken the children!

Hope you got some sleep loopy!

Miffy xx

Roseolivia
27-03-2012, 06:43 AM
I know this feeling. When we were building our house we lived in a caravan on the site. A wasp got in one day and i was trapped inside a bedroom for an hour until dp got in. The thing was there were loads of builders outside but iwas too embarrassed to shout for help.

loopyloopy
27-03-2012, 07:43 AM
We are now up and running and the invader is nowhere to be seen :panic:

I have no idea where it's gone so positive thinking tells me it found an escape route and has gone back to its own home :D

Roseolivia
27-03-2012, 08:13 AM
We are now up and running and the invader is nowhere to be seen :panic:

I have no idea where it's gone so positive thinking tells me it found an escape route and has gone back to its own home :D

Or hiding waiting for you to appear. This is what wasps usually do to me.:laughing:

Jiorjiina
29-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Put a drop of honey or sugar solution in the bottom of a jar, lurk behind the door until the bee has flown in and is eating, then sneak up and put a book or a magazine over the top, carry it outside and remove the cover.

Then run back in the house and don't forget to shut the door!

Bees are much easier to entice into a jar than spiders.

stardust
29-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Lol I was attacked by a bee in my garden today. I screamed and ran away. My mindees 2.11 & 2.3 both just stared at me then 'Tara what you doing' - 'there was a bee and I am scared of bee's'- c 'oh' & b 'I'm not scared of bee's. Silly tara they wont hurt you' then went back to playing. Whilst my 9 mth old sat on the soft mat laughing and clapping!