PDA

View Full Version : Does any one rent a house and childmind?

Ben10mad
23-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Hi
Do any of you rent a property and childmind. My friend seems to be getting turned down.
Thanks

loopyloopy
23-03-2012, 06:25 PM
I rent :)

Who's turned your friend down? Seems very odd to me

Bear23
23-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi
Do any of you rent a property and childmind. My friend seems to be getting turned down.
Thanks

I do, but i had a different job when i first moved in. my landlady is fine about me childmnding.

sarahjane
23-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I do too, but again had a different job when I moved in. My landlady is also fine with it :)

kellib
23-03-2012, 06:59 PM
I rent from a HA and they are fine with it :)

EmmaReed84
23-03-2012, 07:03 PM
I rent but I have rented from my landlord for almost 7 years and had 3 different properties and I had a different job. I think it has something to do with insurance... My landlord told me not to worry and go ahead and he will do what he needs to do... as far as I am concerned I have done what I need to do.

flowerpots
23-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I rent and was a cm when I moved in and the landlord was fine about it. :thumbsup:

karen m
23-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I rent and landlord was fine when i asked if i could mind from property before i moved in

stardust
23-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I rent and landlord was fine when i asked if i could mind from property before i moved in

Same here. When we moved in I was 5 months pregnant and was only a nanny.
There were no issues and my landlord said that I had a deposit in place so damages would be covered.
However when I asked I said that I would like to childmind which wasn't really any different from me having 4 children of my own. That I would have liability insurance so it would be me being sued if anything went wrong which it very rarely does. That their house is gaurenteed to be looked after as I would be inspected by Ofsted every 3 years and by the childminding network once a year plus I would have parents visiting ect. I also added that I had experience and qualifications and made a point of saying I am very house proud and would not have children or anyone else disrespecting the furniture or property.
My land lord was happy with this and said as long as the rents paid and we don't start putting holes in the wall he's happy with it.
About a month before I started minding I asked if they would mind if i had the walls replastered and painted as they were dented and grubby and they were happy. I think it's hard because when they 'think' of childminding a house full of roudy children spring to mind.
Xx