PDA

View Full Version : First end of year

loopyloopy
23-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Hi all hope your enjoying the nice weather

I started minding in may last year so this is my first end of year an I wondered when I have to submit my self assessment and if my start up costs are entered t the same time?

Would I enter start up costs in the month before I started and one lump sum (I do have it split down into the sections as per ncma accounts book)

Any help appreciated

xx

sarah707
23-03-2012, 12:44 PM
You will enter 3 main figures - income less expenses (all together) = taxable income.

You might also have savings or other income to include.

It doesn't matter how you do your numbers as long as they are correct and you put them on the form in the right boxes.

You will get a tax return in April some time :D

EmmaReed84
23-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Sorry to jump on this thread, but when is the earliest you can submit? I have kept up to date with my books and well, could technically submit them in April...(I am that sad lol)

How does it all work, if I was to submit my SA do you get told there and then how much you owe, can you then pay it bit by bit or one lump sum... Sorry to sound so stupid but... well I am! :D

MrAnchovy
23-03-2012, 04:35 PM
If you register on line you should be able to submit on 6 April.

It calculates the total tax and Class 4 NI due for the year straight away, and within a few minutes (or hours in busy times) it will take account of any payments you have made and show you how much is due by when.

You can pay any amount you like any time you like, but you don't get any interest so unless you have no self control at all you are better off keeping it in a savings account and paying on 31 January 2013.

EmmaReed84
23-03-2012, 05:25 PM
If you register on line you should be able to submit on 6 April.

It calculates the total tax and Class 4 NI due for the year straight away, and within a few minutes (or hours in busy times) it will take account of any payments you have made and show you how much is due by when.

You can pay any amount you like any time you like, but you don't get any interest so unless you have no self control at all you are better off keeping it in a savings account and paying on 31 January 2013.

Self control??? Sorry you lost me...:o

Thank you, your advice is very much appriciated... May have to learn..."self control" though :thumbsup: Any help there lol?

loopyloopy
23-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Great thank you, I don't think I will have a huge bill, my total after expensed is below the tax threshold and that's without the start up costs going on