PDA

View Full Version : after 3 days without dairy....

kindredspirits
23-03-2012, 09:58 AM
OMG - I have had no dairy products since monday afternoon - not even my dried milk powder cappucinos etc.... the difference is astounding!! Arla has stopped having exploding nappies and is genereally much happier - she does still have a cold so isn't smiles all the time but she's not straining to go to the toilet all the time - we were having 4-6 minimum FULL dirty nappies a day!

I will carry on without any dairy for the next few weeks and then i want to gradually introduce small amounts back into my diet to see at what level she is affected (can I have a jar of white sauce for eg rather than making it out of oat milk, which is what i intend to do for tonights lasagne!)

DH wants to start weaning her :rolleyes: and I am really having to put my foot down hard, she might be licking her lips and watching us eat but she is only 12 weeks and definately not ready IMO. plus I don't want to run the risk of her developing other allergies.

The Juggler
23-03-2012, 11:00 AM
that's really good news hon :clapping:

though I'd say there is far more rubbish in a jar of sauce (too many additivies) than if you make one yourself with maybe half milk/half oatmilk.

loocyloo
23-03-2012, 01:44 PM
thats really promising :)

xxx

mrs_scottydog
23-03-2012, 01:50 PM
That's really good to hear. As for weaning we only started last weekend, DD was 17 weeks. DS was same age when he started. I think you're right to hold off on it, 12 weeks is a bit early in my opinion Hx

VeggieSausage
23-03-2012, 01:56 PM
I am a vegan and it is pretty easy to live without dairy forever, honestly! :)

kindredspirits
23-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I am a vegan and it is pretty easy to live without dairy forever, honestly! :)

:DI'm buying an ice cream maker later!! lol this good weather is really making me fancy it but i daren't risk it!!

Juggler - i usually make my own sauces but when i've been busy or out all day its handy to have some in the cupboard - going to have to get a bit more organised i think!!