PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck! lol

EmmaReed84
23-03-2012, 09:45 AM
So I walk out the door in to the beautiful sunshine, thinking what a great day it is going to be. I walk up my steps and instead of walking up all my steps then walking down the driveway I walk half way up, put my leg over the wall and go to climb on the drive... like I do most the time when on my own.

What happens...? The foot on the driveway slips on the grit we had down for the snow, stretching so far that my other leg that is on the step smashes on to the top corner of the wall! :eek: OUCH... MOTHER.... :censored:

Now I have a gorgeous looking bruise down my right shin going from my knee down to my ankle and it is swollen to double the size and I can barely walk on it... What does DH say

"Well you can't sit down all day, you have to just break through the pain barrier and get on with it! Men have such a higher pain threshold than you women!"

"Oh really, how about you give birth then!"

"I knew you would say that, and trust! If men could have babies, we would and make less fuss!" :angry:

He soon ran out the door to work after that comment lol!

The Juggler
23-03-2012, 11:03 AM
So I walk out the door in to the beautiful sunshine, thinking what a great day it is going to be. I walk up my steps and instead of walking up all my steps then walking down the driveway I walk half way up, put my leg over the wall and go to climb on the drive... like I do most the time when on my own.

What happens...? The foot on the driveway slips on the grit we had down for the snow, stretching so far that my other leg that is on the step smashes on to the top corner of the wall! :eek: OUCH... MOTHER.... :censored:

Now I have a gorgeous looking bruise down my right shin going from my knee down to my ankle and it is swollen to double the size and I can barely walk on it... What does DH say

"Well you can't sit down all day, you have to just break through the pain barrier and get on with it! Men have such a higher pain threshold than you women!"

"Oh really, how about you give birth then!"

"I knew you would say that, and trust! If men could have babies, we would and make less fuss!" :angry:

He soon ran out the door to work after that comment lol!

OMG :eek: I'd be waiting behind the door with the rolling pin for when he returns after that comment :angry:

hope your leg is better soon - your life is never dull Emma :p

EmmaReed84
23-03-2012, 11:06 AM
OMG :eek: I'd be waiting behind the door with the rolling pin for when he returns after that comment :angry:

hope your leg is better soon - your life is never dull Emma :p

Wish it was... lol :D

Milli147
23-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Wow he is a BRAVE man Emma! :eek:

ajs
23-03-2012, 12:04 PM
that's exactly the type of comment my hubby would make as he ran out the door