PDA

View Full Version : Observatiosn

NicoleW
23-03-2012, 08:05 AM
`I understand a minimum requirement is to do 2 focused observations per term (or it is where I am anyway).

Now I only have one mindee two days a week, what I've been doing is taking pictures of him obviously doing things every time I have him I've put them onto a photo observation sheet (Sarah707's) which includes next steps, links to EYFS, what he is doing etc. Would this count as a focused observation or not?

I tend to do around one a day I have him for, this month I've had him for two whole weeks so I've got quite al ot of him so far :)

breezy
23-03-2012, 08:53 PM
I dont know about 2 focused observations a term, but what you're doing seems absolutely fine. Ofsted inspector told me we need to do "frequent" obs and when I asked her how often they classed as frequent she couldnt tell me:rolleyes:

moggy
23-03-2012, 08:56 PM
There is no statutory/legal guidance on how many or what kind of observations you need to do. What you do sounds fine to me!

sarah707
23-03-2012, 09:53 PM
There is no statutory requirement about how many ... some months you might do a few and others a child seems to be changing so quickly you do lots more.

:D