PDA

View Full Version : Nine o clock munchies

elaineg
29-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Does anyone have the same problem as me, I can be good all day, not tempted at all by anything, but as soon as the children are in bed I start picking at anything I can find in the fridge or the biscuit barrel. How can I stop this happening, does anyone have any tips.

love Elaine XXX

bubbly
30-12-2007, 12:09 AM
My worst time of the day used to be as soon as I got home from work at about 4.30pm. I don't have that problem since I started working from home - I can now raid the fridge all day! :D :laughing:

My Weight Watchers leader used to tell us to stick a 'fat photo' of ourselves on the fridge door as a constant reminder of what we DON'T want to look like.

ajs
30-12-2007, 12:11 AM
i raid the fridge after tea and when i am tired as i think my energy levels need a boost

the sensible answer is eat fruit but i don't take my own advice and always reach for a chocolate biscuit
tonight i ate two chunky kit kats

charleyfarley
30-12-2007, 12:17 AM
i raid the fridge after tea and when i am tired as i think my energy levels need a boost

the sensible answer is eat fruit but i don't take my own advice and always reach for a chocolate biscuit
tonight i ate two chunky kit kats

Why do we not listen to our own advice?

My trouble is late at night, when I'm on here, need nibbles, need a drink to wash it down, normally alcohol.

It's obviousley the forums fault!!!

Carol xx

carolinel
30-12-2007, 12:18 AM
my worse time is when I get home after the school run. it's 3.30 and I think god it's hours till my tea time and i start on crisps, biscuits, whatever I can get my hands on.

I'm thinking of being more organised and having a bowl of ready to eat celery etc so I can pick on that. BORING.

charleyfarley
30-12-2007, 12:28 AM
You need to forget the celery Caroline

Carrot, cucumber, spring onions but not celery yuk

It isn't fattening but can't stand the taste

Carol xxx

ajs
30-12-2007, 12:30 AM
if it's being on here late at night i know the solution
take the computers to bed with us.

not easy as i haven't got a lap top but where there's a will there's a way

charleyfarley
30-12-2007, 12:36 AM
I have a laptop but if I'm in bed with it I'm to far away from the fridge!!!

Also toilet is downstairs only so I have to keep leaving laptop to visit there.

Good idea though

Carol xx

ajs
30-12-2007, 01:00 AM
that's the idea though no eating and no drinking

but i am in an draughty room next to a window and the heating has gone off so i need to go to bed now

night night

Minnie Minx
31-12-2007, 11:12 AM
try eating some nuts, brazil nuts are very good for filling me up but i hasten to add not the ones covered in milk chocolate :laughing: :laughing: I'm also going to have banana chips, i know they're covered in honey but at least they won't have as many calories as a whole chocolate bar lol

xx

Mollymop
31-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm like you elaine,

It is always at about 8/9 or even later that I really want to pig out.
Ha!!
I wonder why it is?
I never feel like breakfast either, and I can be full up from teatime but as soon as my eastenders has finished do I feel like I never even had my tea.
But when I was dieting and running on my treadmill 2 years ago I do remember saying to Darren "Hey! i don't feel like a bowl of Coco pops tonight, strange init"
So maybe if you do a workout or something after tea you may not have an urge to raid the cupboards, It did work for me.

Oh, I'm giving up smoking and giving up so many calories all in January..have you seen the Boots advert? That's me falling off the treadmill.
LOL

Good luck
Love Sandra XXX

charleyfarley
31-12-2007, 11:13 PM
OMG

I've got a treadmill (thanks Theresa) and also a hubby called Darren.

Must admit I've eaten mince pie and cream tonight as I'm starting healthy eating tomorrow

So making the most out of today

Carol xx

buildingblocks
01-01-2008, 08:31 AM
Have you tried dried fruit? Obviously they are still full of sugar but I think low in fat (don't quoteme on that) I do find one of hte childrens Ikea bowls full of dried fruit (especially dried cranberries eaten individually lol) tends to fill me more than the same quantity of choco peanuts

Minnie Minx
01-01-2008, 12:22 PM
dried fruit http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/TV_and_Movies/tigrou-grimace-langue.gif

xx

LittleMissSparkles
01-01-2008, 12:43 PM
OMG

I've got a treadmill (thanks Theresa) and also a hubby called Darren.

Carol xx

what ever do you mean Carol..... a hubby called Darren !!! :blush: