PDA

View Full Version : So personal allowance has gone up then

aly
21-03-2012, 01:32 PM
from next april we can earn £9205 before paying tax.

thats all good for me.

nothing else I caught affects me, beer and cigs dont bother me, i missed the fuel though.

anything else good/bad for us?

~Chelle~
21-03-2012, 01:36 PM
from next april we can earn £9205 before paying tax.

thats all good for me.

nothing else I caught affects me, beer and cigs dont bother me, i missed the fuel though.

anything else good/bad for us?

All works well for me apart from the fuel :angry: From August it goes up 3p a litre, like it doesn't cost enough already!!!

I remember the outcry when it went up over £1.00 a litre and now it is fast approaching £1.50 a litre (I use diesel):angry:

muffins
21-03-2012, 01:54 PM
I worked out it ready costs me £2 in petrol for the morning sch run alone:angry:

aly
21-03-2012, 01:55 PM
All works well for me apart from the fuel :angry: From August it goes up 3p a litre, like it doesn't cost enough already!!!

I remember the outcry when it went up over £1.00 a litre and now it is fast approaching £1.50 a litre (I use diesel):angry:
diesel here too...i remember the £1 outcry too.

nikki thomson
21-03-2012, 02:26 PM
diesel here too...i remember the £1 outcry too.

Me too, seems like a life time ago now, I use an awful lot of petrol but we have to use the car everyday so we just have to get on with it. X

WibbleWobble
21-03-2012, 02:31 PM
i remember when petrol went up to .....

50p a GALLON!!!!!!

my dad and grandad said it was the end of the combustion engine!

rickysmiths
21-03-2012, 03:25 PM
i remember when petrol went up to .....

50p a GALLON!!!!!!

my dad and grandad said it was the end of the combustion engine!

That's funny.

I remember going on holiday to Scotland one year and my Dad complaining that petrol was so expensive. It was 6 shillings (30p) a gallon instead of 5/6d (27.5p) :laughing::laughing:

rickysmiths
21-03-2012, 03:28 PM
So that means everything else will go up, food, clothes, train and coach etc etc. because the transport cost will rise. So much for the increased Personal Allowance :rolleyes:

All governments do is give with one hand and take with the other!