PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Waterman

madmamma
20-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I am shocked at his 'justification' :angry:
“The problem with strong, intelligent women is that they can argue, well."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dennis-watermans-shock-domestic-violence-766571

I remember at the time Rula was made out to be a liar and a bitter woman, what a rat!

Beetlejuice
20-03-2012, 01:44 PM
I am shocked at his 'justification' :angry:
“The problem with strong, intelligent women is that they can argue, well."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dennis-watermans-shock-domestic-violence-766571

I remember at the time Rula was made out to be a liar and a bitter woman, what a rat!

It's the line 'It's not hard for a woman to make a man hit her!!!' ????? I would like to swear but it will get blocked :angry::angry::angry::angry:

EmmaReed84
20-03-2012, 02:11 PM
:angry: This has just tipped me!!! My ex knocked me about and used to say it was MY FAULT because I pushed him to it! I am not a different person and have now been with DH for over 7 years and never once has he even pushed me, never mind raised a hand to me!

Like DH always says..."Most men are physically stronger than a woman and can do serious damage, that's why when you feel yourself burning up, you walk away or get in the car and drive off to calm down!"

There is NO EXCUSE...I am so appalled, I actually liked that :censored:!

barbarella68
20-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Right I am not going to be very popular here but here goes as a child of a violent father who hit my mother and us kids I can understand what he means.
I by no means think what he did should be condoned but on talking to my Mum about it now I am 44 and she is 65 she admits that my Dad wasn't very good with his words and was not very intelligent (dropped out of school at 14 no qualifications also his parents were Gypsies who moved to a house when he was 12) and that she could out argue him with words (she went to Grammar school)and he didn't understand half of what she was on about.
So while I know that what he did was awful and should never happen I can in some ways understand what he means even though I don't agree with it.

CH1957
20-03-2012, 09:13 PM
:angry: This has just tipped me!!! My ex knocked me about and used to say it was MY FAULT because I pushed him to it! I am not a different person and have now been with DH for over 7 years and never once has he even pushed me, never mind raised a hand to me!

Like DH always says..."Most men are physically stronger than a woman and can do serious damage, that's why when you feel yourself burning up, you walk away or get in the car and drive off to calm down!"

There is NO EXCUSE...I am so appalled, I actually liked that :censored:!

I am with you EmmaReed, there is NEVER an excuse for this behaviour. I was beaten by my ex-husband for 17 years before I finally realised it wasnt actually my fault - he always told me it was!!! It makes me SO cross when pathetic men use this as an excuse for them being :censored::censored:

nikki thomson
20-03-2012, 09:41 PM
I myself have never been in this position but have witnessed it first hand through the lovely lady who lived next door to my sister for many years, her husband used to beat her and the children to within an inch of there lives, when I use to visit home I would stay with my sister and one evening we heard the arguing to start with And then the screaming through the walls it was heartbreaking to hear, my sisters husband worked nights and she was scared herself to do anything as she didn't want him turning on her and my nieces.
There were two events which made my stomach churn in this whole sorry story the first was when we use to see him the next day he was the nicest, politest man you could wish to meet (inside I wanted to deck him) snd the second the night he threw his 1 yr old daughter from the top of his stairs to the bottom putting her in intensive care, I always feel bad that we didn't do more. X

stardust
20-03-2012, 10:34 PM
It's the line 'It's not hard for a woman to make a man hit her!!!' ????? I would like to swear but it will get blocked :angry::angry::angry::angry:

That is a load of crap, Me and my fiance argue and we have really gone for it and one time he lost it and punched a wall.
There is always a choice.
He could well have softened the blow and hit me but he chose to hit the wall instead.
Must admit i've never pushed it that far since the shock was enough.
There is no excuse for domestic violence.
As for using 'i was drunk' as an excuse i would tell him that Alcohol is no excuse you chose to drink therefore the after effects of your drinking is still your doing saying it was the drink does not write the wrong.:angry: