PDA

View Full Version : Organising paperwork

Kirsty90
20-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Hello,

I am currently trying to put my paperwork in to some sort of order.

At the moment I have a file for each child which includes - daily diary, learning journey, individual planning etc.

A planning file - long term planning etc.

A documents file - this includes copies of all documents I use reguarly (medication forms, attendance registers etc.)

I have started putting together a portfolio which includes all my certificates, policies & procedures but not really sure what to include.

Everything else is just floating about - I want to put together some sort of file that includes everything to do with safeguarding, risk assessments, fire safety & food hygiene - any tips on what should be included in this?

I also want to put together a sort of diary for myself which includes my daily checks, fridge/freezer temp checks and everything else I need to do on a daily/weekly/monthly basis - any tips?

Thanks

Kirsty x

miffy
20-03-2012, 12:09 PM
What you're doing sounds fine.

I have all my policies/procedures in a file of their own as they are out everyday in case parents want to view them.

I have another file with all my "working stuff" in it - that's the daily RA checklist, attendance register, any forms I might need like accident/incident/existing injury/parent permission forms

Like you I have all my RA's in another file together with other safeguarding stuff like fire drills/smoke alarm checks

Accident/injury records are in another folder so they are easily accessible.

My other file (grandly called my personal development file!) holds all my certificates, CRB checks for the family, copies of Ofsted reports and anything else I haven't found a home for!

It's just about finding a system that works for you. I always seem to have a pile of stuff to sort and file or chuck too!

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
20-03-2012, 01:04 PM
I think we all do it differently. I found my 'Portfolio' got so big it was unmanageable :laughing: So I had a reorganise and I now do:

A Parent Info Folder with:

A copy of Ofsted Report and Cert
Contract
Parental Responsibility Form
Next of Kin Form
Child Info Form
Permissions and Consents signature Sheet (which has policies listed on it)
All my Policies (8 page document)
Copy of my Public Liability Insurance Ins Cert
Blank Page from my Attendance Register
Copy of my first Aid Cert
A Leaflet about EYFS
A Poem about being messy
HPA Guidelines

Then I have separate folders for other things:

TRAINING all my certs and my training log

RISK ASSESSMENTS but I also keep copies of the car insurance, household Insurance, Mots. All CRbs, Fire Safety Check Cert, Info on car seats, info on why I don't use socket covers, info on blind safety, HPA guidelines, Poisonous Plant list. Copy of my Food Hygiene Cert.

PARENT FEEDBACK All the letters and cards I have been given by parents over the years.

TRIPS AND OUTINGS I list all the places we visit and keep Guide Books and
leaflets about them and am in the process of adding photographs.

PLANNING All my general planning Ideas for the year set out Month by month

PLANNING 2 All my templates and master copies of things we make and do.

SAFER FOOD BETTER BUSINESS FOR CHILDMINDERS I have a copy of my Food Hygiene Cert in the front of this.

I have found this much easier when parents visit because the files are normal sizes not the big arch lever type and actually the parents are more inclined to look at them. I have out the Parents Info Folder, Parents Feedback, and Training and that is all.

Then I have a lockable tin box with the children's folder with copies of contracts and permissions etc and I keep their LJ in this file as well.

I use the NCMA Attendance Register and their Accident/Incident/ Medication Folder and both of these are kept in the front of the tin box so they are all locked away when I am not working.