PDA

View Full Version : Home insurance through NCMA

Bluebell
19-03-2012, 04:31 PM
When I started childminding I changed my house insurance and the company I was with said the old company wouldn't insure me and then gave me a quote that was twice as much! So I now insure through NCMA.

However I am wondering if I do not renew my NCMA membership next month will my home insurance still be valid?

Do I have to be a member of NCMA to use their insurance company?!

rickysmiths
19-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't think it will be invalid but the way to find out for sure is to phone Blu Fin and ask them.

No idea if you have to be a member to get insurance from them, though I doubt it..

They are just an insurance broker like any other high street insurance broker, not attached to NCMA in any way at all even though they like to give that impression. The insurance they offer is very similar to most other companies who will insure childminders.

I have been with Churchill for years and they offer Accidental Damage one thing Blu Fin used to say they were the only ones who covered this.

There is also MM and many other companies that minders on here use. There are several threads with lists of them on.