PDA

View Full Version : Head going to explode

Diana67
19-03-2012, 02:01 PM
I know its not just me but why do I feel as if Im never gonna get my head round this EYF.Just done obs and planning course and still no wiser.Trying to put learning journal together for granddaughter as a example for CD but don't think im doing it right hubby says im trying to hard and shouldn't be stressing out over it allowing and it looks fine (but I want it to be right not just look good).I just want to get it right for when I eventually get a paying mindie.Most of you make it so simple and obvious why can't I see it that easy I know Im not a lone but realy want to do this just feel its not getting absorbed in my brain lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:gotta laugh or I cry think its tea time now xxx

CH1957
19-03-2012, 03:06 PM
You are not alone!!
Ive been registered since October 2011 and I am still really struggling with the planning/next steps part of the Learning Jouranal.
Ive asked umpteen questions on here, of my DO and other childminders I know and it still really difficult to get my head round. But it is gradually getting easier and Im just waiting for my first graded inspection now and then I'll knoiw for definate if Im doing it right!! :panic:
Not much help you but just to let you know you are not the only one. :)

rosebud
19-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Your husband is right - you shouldn't be stressing over it. Just try to find some examples to start you off and then don't worry about it. You'll find soon enough what works for and what doesn't. Whilst there is some fabulous advice on here some do make it all seem harder than it needs to be. (Sorry not meaning to offend anyone)

toddlers896
22-03-2012, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=Diana67;1073560]I know its not just me but why do I feel as if Im never gonna get my head round this EYF.Just done obs and planning course and still no wiser.Trying to put learning journal together for granddaughter as a example for CD but don't think im doing it right hubby says im trying to hard and shouldn't be stressing out over it allowing and it looks fine (but I want it to be right not just look good).I just want to get it right for when I eventually get a paying mindie.Most of you make it so simple and obvious why can't I see it that easy I know Im not a lone but realy want to do this just feel its not getting absorbed in my brain lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:gotta laugh or I cry think its tea time now xxx[/QUOTE
ught

I thought it was just me who felt like this. My husband is saying exactly the same but Ime like you and feel like I have to get it all into my head or its never going to work out.y I had an anxiety attack the other day totally out of the blue, but thinking about it now, its probably been brewing for a couple of months. All the worry and stress about wether ime doing it right and how to put it all together. I only have one mindee and am making pennies so ive decided that ime gonna take a step back and stop stressing about it. Easier said than done. Ime on this forum now looking for answers and ideas aaahhh.

sarah707
22-03-2012, 02:46 PM
What exactly are you having a problem with?

Let us know and we'll try and help :D

toddlers896
22-03-2012, 03:05 PM
What exactly are you having a problem with?

Let us know and we'll try and help :D

Hi Sarah,
I will try not to waffle on too much. Ime a bit of a perfectionist and like everything to be 110%. I think the problem with all this EYFS is ive had no training like lots of people about how to put it into practice. Ive had to just read books and try to get to grips with it. Initially I struggled with the observations and didnt know how i should be laying this out in the childs journal so i took ideas from here there and everywhere and ended up confusing myself. Ive also got different books on the early years and have tried to condence the stages down a bit so i can look at them for quick reference rather than look through every page looking for the stage the observation links to. Ive done this so many times typing it up but again ime just making more work for myself and giving myself a headache. Ime now happy with what ive finally put together but Now ime told we have to do planning and ime just thinking god i wish i never started this.:panic:

sarah707
22-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Use the Development Matters document from the Eyfs to note children's learning and how they are progressing.

Just jot down a date when you write a relevant observation so you can see what they are doing and make sure they are learning new things.

All planning starts with observations so you are doing it right! Observe... think about what the obs tells you... plan activities you know the child will enjoy and help him to learn new things.

Hth :D

karensmart4
22-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Most of us do much more than is expected of us because we never think it's right...

I have changed the way I do LJ's a few times and I think I'm happy with the layout now :blush:

I find photos are always good (pogo printers or cameras are bril for this), stick the photo onto an A4 sheet, write what the child was doing, link this up to the development matters (don't forget to date it) and think of ways you can add to or extend the activity.......

And there you have it :thumbsup: