PDA

View Full Version : Petition's - Ofsted Inspections and Inspectors to be fair and show continuity.

stardust
18-03-2012, 09:52 PM
:idea:I have just submitted the below partition to HM petitions.
It can take up to 7 days for them to say whether they will allow it to go ahead.
If it does I will post a link.
We need 100,000 signatures for it to be put forward to be lobbied in parliament.
How many people would be willing to sign this petition?:thumbsup:

Ofsted Inspections and Inspectors to be fair and show continuity.

Currently the outcomes of an inspection depends more on which inspector carries out the inspection rather than the evidence seen as the guide lines are open to interpretation. Often Inspections are between 3 and 5 years apart when they should be every 3 years.

We propose

* Continuity of Inspections.
* Strict guidelines for inspectors to follow along with training.
* Separate inspection teams for childminder's, nursery's and school's with inspector's who understand the area of provision that they are inspecting.
* For satisfactory to remain satisfactory rather than changing to needs Improvement.
* Fair Inspections where inspectors do not pre judge (some only giving satisfactory to new childminders for example).
* Less negative wording on inspection reports.

100,000 votes needed for this to be lobbied.:rolleyes:

The Juggler
18-03-2012, 09:58 PM
yeay! go Tara. i'll be signing :clapping:

francinejayne
18-03-2012, 09:59 PM
how could any of us not sign it?! Looking forwards to the link!

Playmate
18-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Go Tara!

We have a pilot ofsted inspcetion tomorrow for the new style inspection. We will have chance to feed back and these will be some of the points we will be raising :D

Jollybones
18-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Will definitely sign it if gets allowed!!!

stardust
18-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I've looked through the website and it looks like they only reject a petition if it is outside of the governments control, a similar petition is currently active, it breaks any law or act currently known.
I cant see there being a problem.
You'll just have to watch this space xx

snufflepuff
19-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I'd sign! And get all my friends and family to sign too!

Penny1959
19-03-2012, 09:32 AM
It will be no surprise to any of you that I will be signing :D

If for any 'silly' reason it is not agreed to allow the petition - well we will just have to keep applying.

The only reason I am saying this - is because there is a lot going on re Ofsted at the moment and they may say we need to wait until after they decide what they are going to do with Ofsted.

Good for you Tara - just what we need - proactive childminders

Penny :)

Penny1959
19-03-2012, 09:34 AM
I'd sign! And get all my friends and family to sign too!

Good point - we will all need to do this - as not enough of us childminders- even if every single childminder in the country signs.

Penny :)

stardust
19-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I have already worked out that I am in contact with 62 cm's in and around my area, plus I will post links on Facebook, email it to my local authority, I also worded it so that it includes nurserys and schools simply because I have 3 previous nurserys that I have worked in so I can pass the link to them and I will post threads on netmums I know I'll be attacked but there are some supportive parents, the parents of all my children have urged me to 'complain' so I know they will sign and I have a big family do I've worked it out that with enough effort and annoyance myself alone have access to 486 signee's and that's not including the people the pass it on to or you guys. so if you think that if those 486 all get 1 person to sign that's 972 plus I will be asking my sister to sign it and she is still in school (six form) and you all know what teenagers are like with bb & Facebook.
I don't care where the votes come from, whether they understand or not. Their signature could mean the difference between us being heard or not xx
I've set it up with my personal email so will be signing with my cm email as well x every little helps x

bestmum2have
19-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Count me in, I WILL SIGN

JCrakers
19-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I definitly will be signing.
I missed out on an outstanding grade because I wasnt part of a network of other childminders, and reading on here other childminders have managed to get outstanding without being part of one so theres inconsistancy there.....:angry:

stardust
19-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Please take the chance to help support our right to a fair inspection.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/31552

We are hoping for 100 signatures by Friday just to get the ball rolling.
Anyone can sign so please forward it to anyone and everyone.
I will set up a Facebook page and post it to a few forums this evening x

This is our chance to have our say x

The Juggler
19-03-2012, 10:11 PM
i will be taking the link to all my toddler groups :D

stardust
19-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Thank you. I'm going to spend some time tomorrow sending emails and texts to everyone and setting up a face book page xx

francinejayne
19-03-2012, 11:09 PM
I have signed it, and I've added it to my Facebook page asking people to sign it! good luck!