PDA

View Full Version : Craft must haves

Kirsty90
18-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Hello,

I am looking at expanding my craft supplies and was wondering if any one has any tips on what I should look at getting? Things that can be used for a lot of different things. Also any cheapish websites for getting craft supplies?

Thanks

Kirsty

PixiePetal
18-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Crafty crocodiles :thumbsup: really quick delivery too :)

I get white and coloured card, googly eyes, paint, gloopy glue, feathers are a fave at the moment

Kirsty90
18-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Thank you :D

Any tips on what are the best things to keep from around the house that can be used for crafts/made in to different things? :)

Thanks

green4lynn
18-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I use Crafty Crocodile too, they are brilliant! The stickers are cheap and my kids love them, and they do seasonal stuff too! Is there a Scrapstore near you? They are good for cheap resourses such as card, paper and stickers. My little ones are into glitter at the moment, though it tends to get everywhere! There are lots of good ideas on the internet, try googling pre-school crafts and you should get lots of sites. Tissue paper, craft foam, pom-poms and chunky beads are all good things to have in your craft stash.

Have fun getting messy!

Lynn x

Mouse
18-03-2012, 09:27 PM

Any tips on what are the best things to keep from around the house that can be used for crafts/made in to different things? :)

Thanks

I keep all sorts of plastic pots - yoghurt pots, fromage frais pots etc. They are great for putting paint or glue in.

Then keep cardboard boxes of different sizes. Unstick the joins & you can store them flat. Then stick them back together again, but inside out. Children can paint them, stick things on them, stick them together etc. Keep all sizes from toothpaste tube boxes to cereal boxes.

Keep milk carton lids, wrapping paper, tissue paper and toilet roll or kitchen roll middles.

If you're like me you'll find that you end up keeping everything! Bubble wrap can be used for a paint effect, you take bits of ribbon off all sorts of things, decorations off christmas crackers, birthday & christmas cards to cut up, magazines & catalogues to cut picture out of for collage. Before you throw anything away look at it & think if you could use any of it :thumbsup:

SandCastles
18-03-2012, 09:28 PM
I also use Crafty Crocodiles, they are the cheapest Ive found for essentials.
I have been saving my recycling plastics and boxes for junk modelling, I put everything I have collected onto the floor mat with double sided tape, lots of glue and some picture examples of models previously made then leave them too it.

miffy
18-03-2012, 09:30 PM

Thanks

Sweet wrappers! :D

Miffy xx

The Juggler
18-03-2012, 09:45 PM
pva glue - and lots of it. also when you cut out shapes with paper and card - keep the offcuts and make into little shapes (triangles, squares etc), great for 'free' gluing activities and kids learn shapes and colours at the same time.

Also scissors :thumbsup: