PDA

View Full Version : attendence book

summersue
29-05-2008, 03:45 PM
:cool: do parents have to sign the attendence book or can we sign it ourself because it seems only ncma require this could do with a bit of advice on this.

sarah32
29-05-2008, 03:48 PM
I use the ncma book so I sign it every week and then normally get the parent to sign as well one a week.:)

SimplyLucy
29-05-2008, 04:28 PM
I use the NCMA book and don't bother getting it signed. My parents don't collect from my house so I can't carry it with me. It would be too much hassle to get it signed at 6.30am.

Wonder if OFSTED will moan about that?

Wendy Woo
29-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I ahd my ofsted 2 weeks ago and busted a gut gettin it all up to date b4 she came and she said as long as the times are writtten down it doesnt matter wether it is signed or not!!!!!!
The only thing they are worried bout is u havin a record of wot time the little darlings come in and go out

Mollymop
29-05-2008, 04:32 PM
I get my parents to sign it at the end of the week, but I dunno if it is a necessity or not. I don't think Ofsted woulf care about it not being signed to be honest?

katickles
29-05-2008, 04:34 PM
We were tod that it MUST be signed. That way parents can not put any accusations on you for anything that may have happened while the child isn't in your care - iyswim?

maple
29-05-2008, 05:32 PM
I collect a child from mum in the morning from school so can anyone help me. What time do I put in the attendance book? I am currently putting the time I have them from not the time we get to my house is this correct?

crazybones
29-05-2008, 05:35 PM
I collect a child from mum in the morning from school so can anyone help me. What time do I put in the attendance book? I am currently putting the time I have them from not the time we get to my house is this correct?

I collect one on the way to take the others to school and put the time I pick him up from his house.

SimplyLucy
29-05-2008, 05:37 PM

I drop off at school when mum collects her other children. I put the time mum arrives in the playground as the leaving time.........always have to remember to write it down as soon as I get home though!

maple
29-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for that annie337 and mumof4. i sometimes write the time on the back of my hand.

summersue
29-05-2008, 07:16 PM
one more question do parents sigh for contracted hours are exact times when they arrive and leave.

summersue
29-05-2008, 07:21 PM
do they sign for the contracted hours or the time they arrived and left

sorry about the silly question

Alibali
29-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Definately times they arrive and leave rather than contracted hours, I was questioned about this at inspection and this is what they want.

Ali x

hello kitty
29-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Parent should sign the actual times they arrive and leave you.