PDA

View Full Version : Parent changes to contract

noreenismail
16-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi,

I was after some advice please, I had a parent sign a contract for her two daughters for school drop in the morning for two days. It was quite urgent so she paid the 4 week deposit and I dropped them off the next day.

The next day I got a text that she has managed to change her swift so she no longer needs one of the days, and how the girls really liked it here.

Her contract states two days per week and the deposit is on that bases.

Do I amend the contract and do I need to give half of the deposit back or can I use it as a four week notice on one of the days. As I have had to rearrange one of my minders drop off time and my husband has had to change his hours so he can drop my son off at a different school.

Not sure what to do,

Thanks

Noreen

sarah707
16-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Why is it always the ones you bend over backwards for the most who let you down :(

It depends what your fees policy and contract says about the deposit - you need to refer back to what the parent signed.

I hope it all works out in the end for you xx

Pipsqueak
16-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi,

I was after some advice please, I had a parent sign a contract for her two daughters for school drop in the morning for two days. It was quite urgent so she paid the 4 week deposit and I dropped them off the next day.

The next day I got a text that she has managed to change her swift so she no longer needs one of the days, and how the girls really liked it here.

Her contract states two days per week and the deposit is on that bases.

Do I amend the contract and do I need to give half of the deposit back or can I use it as a four week notice on one of the days. As I have had to rearrange one of my minders drop off time and my husband has had to change his hours so he can drop my son off at a different school.

Not sure what to do,

Thanks

Noreen

To me the deposit stands on what was first agreed and you are under no obligation to refund.

hwoever in the interests of a good working relationship you could say that this covers the agreed period anyway and you will then renegotiate the contract at teh end of that period.
Why should you loose out on that income you thought was coming in.

rickysmiths
16-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I state in my fees policy that if the hours are reduced within the first six months of the contract that portion of the deposit is forfeit also if they leave within the first six months of the contract they loose the whole deposit.

jane5
16-03-2012, 11:04 PM
I state in my fees policy that if the hours are reduced within the first six months of the contract that portion of the deposit is forfeit also if they leave within the first six months of the contract they loose the whole deposit.

I can tell you have been doing this job a long time Ricky, :laughing: every time I read 1 of your posts I think "oh I hadnt thought about that" and then swiftly change my p&p's, Thanks :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
17-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I can tell you have been doing this job a long time Ricky, :laughing: every time I read 1 of your posts I think "oh I hadnt thought about that" and then swiftly change my p&p's, Thanks :thumbsup:

I do the same lol. Gotta love RS :clapping: