PDA

View Full Version : stinging nettles

tomthumb
29-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi,

I am sorry it might appear like a silly question but if a child was stung by them, would you put it in your accident book? Can you do anything for them?
Also another question, if your own child is ill, do you put it in the book?

Thanks

Elodie X

Blaze
29-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Stinging nettles....dock leaves....yes record in book.

Own child...no...not unless another mindee was involved somehow.:)

Blaze
29-05-2008, 12:44 PM
http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=dock+leaves&fr=ace2&ei=UTF-8

Ist pic is of doc leaves...they are ALWAYS found near stinging nettles...nature's antidote!:)

Wendy Woo
29-05-2008, 12:51 PM
i always use vinegar on ine but dont no how ud stand puttin that on the children!!!

Mollymop
29-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Dock leaves! haha. These remind me of being little. I was always getting stung by nettles and there was always a supply of health doc leaves near by to pick and rub on. I am not sure if they actually worked though.

Once when I was about 3 or 4, my neighbour was cutting down all the nettles at the bottom of his garden and I was round there and managed, some how, to fall in them - it was summer and I had t-shirt and shorts on! ouch! I still remeber the pain. I was covered all over in stings.
Mum put me in a cool bath with vinegar in the water.

miffy
29-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Stinging nettles....dock leaves....yes record in book.

Own child...no...not unless another mindee was involved somehow.:)

I agree

miffy xx

christine e
29-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Lavendar oil for stinging nettles

Christine

miffy
29-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Lavendar oil for stinging nettles

Christine

Now that is posh Christine

What's wrong with good old fashioned dock leaves eh? :)

miffy xx

crazybones
29-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I got a bit confused once and used dandylion leaves. :blush:

angeldelight
29-05-2008, 06:27 PM
I have used dock leaves when I have been stung and dont think they work - they still hurt like crazy

I would have to be different ha

Angel xx

christine e
29-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Now that is posh Christine

What's wrong with good old fashioned dock leaves eh? :)

miffy xx

I was once badly stung by nettles and used lavendar oil and the relief was instant - I would so reccomend it.
Cx

angeldelight
29-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the advice

Angel xx

ChocolateChip
02-06-2008, 09:28 PM
The sensible ones among us would probably say that you'd need a permission form to use lavender oil/ dock leaves etc!!!
:eek:

and they'd probably be right!!

Blaze
02-06-2008, 10:11 PM
LOL...you do need permission for lavender oil, but not dock leaves which was why I suggested it!!!!:laughing: ;)

Cazz
02-06-2008, 10:26 PM
This was mentioned at my recent first aid course. The tutor said that as far as he is aware dock leaves don't actually do anything but looking for one and holding it on may take your mind off the sting!

Don't forget that someone told us on here a couple of weeks ago that it was "be kind to stinging nettles day" so we have to respect them! Isn't it worrying the things I remember?!:blush:

Carole x