PDA

View Full Version : why does time always go by so slowly when you wait for something?

onceinabluemoon
16-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Mindees are sitting nicely having snack, so 2 minutes on here...

Postie is bringing me something nice today but it seems to be taking forever for him to come!!!! Time goes past so slowly when you are waiting for something.

What do you do to make it go quickly? We've done lots of organised stuff so far this morning, including letting a pair of 1 year olds loose with solid paints, wow, they made some fab pictures !! :clapping: Also now teaching them to wash their own hands in our kiddiwash which has been put away from July when big mindees all went to school as little mindees all too young for it. These guys are growing up too fast!

sarah707
16-03-2012, 12:21 PM
I've been waiting all week for something that has just arrived... plugged it in... turned it on... can't work it out! :laughing:

Anticlimaxes are soooo frustrating too :laughing:

I hope yours arrives soon! :D

singingcactus
16-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Mindees are sitting nicely having snack, so 2 minutes on here...

Postie is bringing me something nice today but it seems to be taking forever for him to come!!!! Time goes past so slowly when you are waiting for something.

What do you do to make it go quickly? We've done lots of organised stuff so far this morning, including letting a pair of 1 year olds loose with solid paints, wow, they made some fab pictures !! :clapping: Also now teaching them to wash their own hands in our kiddiwash which has been put away from July when big mindees all went to school as little mindees all too young for it. These guys are growing up too fast!

Ooh, I just gave my 2 one year olds solid paints yesterday too. They were brilliant with them.....well, till they spilled the water everywhere, but at least we were in the yard.

I was also waiting for something yesterday too, which made the whole day drrraaaaagggggg - it was pick up time for one of mine who was being a MONSTER! Couldn't wait to get to the goodbye part of the day, and I swear the day was 10 times longer than normal!

Hope your 'thingy' arrives soon :)

FussyElmo
16-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Hope its something nice OIABM

Im waiting for my mothers day present to come - sadly i brought it myself so when dh forgets I will have something.

Or as he says that was my excuse for treating myself :laughing::laughing:

make your own minds up

onceinabluemoon
16-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I've been waiting all week for something that has just arrived... plugged it in... turned it on... can't work it out! :laughing:

Anticlimaxes are soooo frustrating too :laughing:

I hope yours arrives soon! :D

Haha, that's funny mine just arrived and I plugged it on and turned it on too. Thank goodness it works!!! Now to work out how to do the dictaphone function...

sarah707
16-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Haha, that's funny mine just arrived and I plugged it on and turned it on too. Thank goodness it works!!! Now to work out how to do the dictaphone function...

DP worked it out for me in 2 minutes... and don't I feel daft now! :o

Ah well it's Friday that's my excuse :D

onceinabluemoon
16-03-2012, 06:03 PM
So Sarah, did we get the same thing I wonder? Something that just came out today?

sarah707
16-03-2012, 09:07 PM
No... i got a pogo printer and I'm very excited about it! :clapping:

What was yours? I am intrigued now :D

onceinabluemoon
23-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Mine was an iPad, brand new just out today generation 3 iPad. I was just a little bit exited, lol