PDA

View Full Version : some people on here....

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 05:11 PM
are really getting on my nerves!!!

there, I have said what I have been feeling for a while! and if I offend any of the people that are getting on my nerves then I am not sorry! if I offend anyone not getting only nerves then I am sorry!! :laughing:

certain people seem to be EXTREMELY judgemental, they appear to have a go at others unnecessarily, and seem to hold the opinion that their opinions matter more than others! they seems to get a kick out of belittling others :(

and I know I am having a go now, but I just can't bite my tongue any longer!

I was under the impression that this forum was to help others, and to provide support. please can everyone try and remember that, and make it a nice, helpful and friendly place to be?

thanks!

Twinkle-Toes
15-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Ooooooo who??

Where?

What??

I always miss everything :(

wendywu
15-03-2012, 05:19 PM
[
QUOTE=Twinkle-Toes;1071509]Ooooooo who??

Where?

What??

[/QUOTE]

:eek: Ditto

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Ooooooo who??

Where?

What??

ha ha, just a few certain people who comment lots on loads of threads (well actually one person in particular but others seem to join in sometimes too), and I am finding it quite annoying/upsetting at the moment (this may be due to the time of the month, but having ranted I feel slightly better!)

I just don't want newer members to feel like they can't post openly and honestly!

The Juggler
15-03-2012, 05:21 PM
glad you got that off your chest :p i hope I'm not one of them :panic::blush:

I've been upset in the past at the way people occasionally respond to others, that they can be a bit harsh. IMO the best thing to do is to PM the member and point out what you fee,,or even say so on the thread.

At the end of the day, we can all forget how things sound in writing sometimes and especially when you are typing a rushed reply it can come across as very short even when it's meant as friendly advice and we all need to be reminded of that sometimes I think.

But.... you are right everyone deserves to receive all viewpoints to their problem and to be given advice in a non-judgemental, supportive way.:)

silvermist
15-03-2012, 05:26 PM

I've been upset in the past at the way people occasionally respond to others, that they can be a bit harsh. IMO the best thing to do is to PM the member and point out what you fee,,or even say so on the thread.

At the end of the day, we can all forget how things sound in writing sometimes and especially when you are typing a rushed reply it can come across as very short even when it's meant as friendly advice and we all need to be reminded of that sometimes I think.

But.... you are right everyone deserves to receive all viewpoints to their problem and to be given advice in a non-judgemental, supportive way.:)

I hope its not me either! I have found this forum a godsend! Dont really know how I coped before! Hope you dont let this put you off, it really is a great forum and ive made loads of friends!(all be it, havent a clue what they look like:laughing:)

EmmaReed84
15-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I hope I am not one of them :blush: I am very vocal and very opinionated, although I would like to think I am tactful and respectful... If not... ooops lol

I think if someone has a straong opinion about a subject they can come across aggressive, this is the biggest issue with the written word, it can be so easily taken out of context.

Let's all have a massive hug :group hug:

kindredspirits
15-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I have missed something somewhere along the lines!!!
Who's being a meany??? (is it me?!?) :blush:

wendywu
15-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Were not that bad really you know.

Its just that we all do things so differently :)

But in the long run we all love children and working with them :clapping:

EmmaReed84
15-03-2012, 05:30 PM
[/COLOR]

I hope its not me either! I have found this forum a godsend! Dont really know how I coped before! Hope you dont let this put you off, it really is a great forum and ive made loads of friends!(all be it, havent a clue what they look like:laughing:)

5ft10 skinny, long legs, long gorgeous flowing hair, beautiful eyes, amazing full lips, pert boobies, firm bum... Then I wake up...:eek:

silvermist
15-03-2012, 05:33 PM
5ft10 skinny, long legs, long gorgeous flowing hair, beautiful eyes, amazing full lips, pert boobies, firm bum... Then I wake up...:eek:

Crikey we have the same dreams!:eek::eek::eek::laughing:

kindredspirits
15-03-2012, 05:34 PM

did you dream about me last night?!!??! :laughing::laughing:

loocyloo
have i missed something?

sometimes people get 'heated', but its all because we care. i couldn't do this job without the support i get from the forum. its always the first place i think of asking ANYTHING! i almost posted a query about where to get some sterile water from and was thinking about it as i walked PAST the chemist ... so i popped in and bought some !!! :blush:

EmmaReed84
did you dream about me last night?!!??! :laughing::laughing:

WOW you're fit!!! :laughing:

silvermist
15-03-2012, 05:37 PM
WOW you're fit!!! :laughing:

:ROFL1::ROFL1::ROFL1:

kindredspirits
15-03-2012, 05:39 PM
yes i am, and i'm very proud of my temple!! ;)
although my hair needs a wash and i need some bigger bras as i'm bursting out of the ones i'v e got atm!!!:D

Tippy Toes
15-03-2012, 05:40 PM
although my hair needs a wash and i need some bigger bras as i'm bursting out of the ones i'v e got atm!!!:D

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

EmmaReed84
15-03-2012, 05:41 PM

I now have a hilarious mental image!!!! :laughing:

Twinkles
15-03-2012, 05:42 PM
It's very difficult. On the whole I think we're fairly non judgemental ( mental perhaps but not judgemental ! ).

You will always get the odd 'know it all' and person who's way is always best.

What we also have to remember is that in a conversation tone of voice and facial expression play a huge part in our understanding whereas online you can't see or hear that to soften what's being said.

I agree let's all try to keep the spirit of the forum which has always been friendly and non judgemental.

EmmaReed84
15-03-2012, 05:42 PM
*ahem* regain some composure... right back to OP... :D

kindredspirits
15-03-2012, 05:43 PM
I now have a hilarious mental image!!!! :laughing:

nothing funny about how i look you cheeky mare! i am a goddess!!!!:laughing:

Twinkles
15-03-2012, 05:44 PM
On the other hand tell me who it is and I'll 'get' them at playtime :laughing:

silvermist
15-03-2012, 05:44 PM
It's very difficult. On the whole I think we're fairly non judgemental ( mental perhaps but not judgemental ! ).

What we also have to remember is that in a conversation tone of voice and facial expression play a huge part in our understanding whereas online you can't see or hear that to soften what's being said.

I agree let's all try to keep the spirit of the forum which has always been friendly and non judgemental.

Woohoo! I agree mental not judgemental. :happy banana::happy banana::happy banana::happy banana::happy banana::happy banana:

wendywu
15-03-2012, 05:45 PM
[

Real life is like that as well, you get them there as well :rolleyes:

Linda Mc
15-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I know where you're coming from :panic: Sometimes when I see a reply to someone's post I think ouch (SP?) that's not very helpful!

I was brought up to believe if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all :laughing: It's helped me in my working & personal life.

EmmaReed84
15-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I know where you're coming from :panic: Sometimes when I see a reply to someone's post I think ouch (SP?) that's not very helpful!

I was brought up to believe if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all :laughing: It's helped me in my working & personal life.

I have no idea what has got into me today I am like a giggling wreck now!

Picturing thumper from Bambi now :clapping:

Linda Mc
15-03-2012, 05:51 PM

Hey! That's me! :ROFL1:

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 05:52 PM
OK Ladies, that's enough of all of that!

Thanks for your concerns, those that have replied have not upset me, so you can carry on your dreams with a clear conscience!

I love this forum and I get a lot out of it, there have just been a few posts that have annoyed me recently.

Twinkles
15-03-2012, 05:53 PM
I have no idea what has got into me today I am like a giggling wreck now!

Picturing thumper from Bambi now :clapping:

Someone pass Emma a tena lady :rolleyes:

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 05:53 PM
On the other hand tell me who it is and I'll 'get' them at playtime :laughing:

I am very tempted to name and shame - but I just can't bring myself to do it!!!!

rickysmiths
15-03-2012, 05:54 PM

I agree with Juggler.

EmmaReed84
15-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I am very tempted to name and shame - but I just can't bring myself to do it!!!!

Ohhh go on, be a devil... as long as it is not me lol

Linda Mc
15-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Someone pass Emma a tena lady :rolleyes:

In the space of an hour or so I've replied to post's about the menopause & now a Tena Lady ... I'm feeling VERY old! LOL :ROFL1:

jelly15
15-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I think I have missed those jugmental posts unless I was one of them and I didn't mean to sound it :blush:. I am going to be paranoid now I have upset OP.

LOOPYLISA
15-03-2012, 05:58 PM
You lot have me lol :laughing:

sarah707
15-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Sometimes people do not realise how they come across in posts... they type like they are thinking but you cannot see their smile or their concerned face.

Often a different viewpoint will seem judgemental because it's opposing what you think yourself - when really it's just different.

Pauline works very hard to keep this a friendly, supportive forum and needs us all to work together to help and look after each other.

If anyone is ever upset by anything they see posted on here they should let one of the mods know (not go away without telling anyone) and we will look into it for them.

That's one of the reasons we are here :D

onceinabluemoon
15-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Ahhh, I think that would be me then...

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Ahhh, I think that would be me then...

actually it's not! we have sometimes had different opinions, but I feel that you put yours across whilst still respecting others!

nelly
15-03-2012, 06:30 PM

there, I have said what I have been feeling for a while! and if I offend any of the people that are getting on my nerves then I am not sorry! if I offend anyone not getting only nerves then I am sorry!! :laughing:

certain people seem to be EXTREMELY judgemental, they appear to have a go at others unnecessarily, and seem to hold the opinion that their opinions matter more than others! they seems to get a kick out of belittling others :(

I was under the impression that this forum was to help others, and to provide support. please can everyone try and remember that, and make it a nice, helpful and friendly place to be?

thanks!

total agree , i only asked something on here before and i got my head bit off,it made me feel like i was stupid .good on you for being honest:clapping:

onceinabluemoon
15-03-2012, 06:37 PM
actually it's not! we have sometimes had different opinions, but I feel that you put yours across whilst still respecting others!

oh ok, cool. I know sometimes I come over a bit abrupt... :blush: and I always say what I mean, which doesn't always go down well. :littleangel:

Rubybubbles
15-03-2012, 06:38 PM
:blush: hope it's not me!

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 06:39 PM
:blush: hope it's not me!

no it's not!!! x

gegele
15-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Hello,

please also take in consideration that some of us are foreigner and may come across shorter than we wanted to because of wrong or lack of vocabulary.

lots of people get offended when they first meet me as i call things what they are and can come across abrupt or rude or i don't know but then once you know me you think : it's just frenchie! :-)

i don't come enough on here at the moment and it look like i missed some nice stuff...unless i manged to irritate you in my short visits :-)

take everything with a pinch of salt and if someone really annoy you tell the girls, Sarah neville for example and if they REALLY annoy you call the Boss. but don't get angry alone, it probably is just a misunderstanding.
:thumbsup:

mama2three
15-03-2012, 07:02 PM
in the real world Im being quite snappy and stressy lately. Hope its not transferring to my posts ..in fact this place is my escape !

sarah707
15-03-2012, 07:06 PM
i only asked something on here before and i got my head bit off,it made me feel like i was stupid .g

Nelly I am so sorry you feel that way.

I have sent you a pm xx

~Chelle~
15-03-2012, 07:31 PM
I know exactly how you feel Francine. x

stardust
15-03-2012, 07:33 PM

thanks!

I actually feel relieved that someone else shares this feeling. I can think of 3 people who have annoyed me repeatedly for months.
I am actually considering leaving the form as useful as the information is, this place is my escape from all the cm around me who like to belittle others and make them feel stupid because they have different views.
I do find at times that some times it feels like that forum. X

silvermist
15-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I do know what you mean coz it happened when I first started on here and I did feel a wally, but now Ive got to know how passionately people feel about their childminding business I do understand! I wouldnt want to be without this forum now, really I wouldnt. :D

silvermist
15-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I actually feel relieved that someone else shares this feeling. I can think of 3 people who have annoyed me repeatedly for months.
I am actually considering leaving the form as useful as the information is, this place is my escape from all the cm around me who like to belittle others and make them feel stupid because they have different views.

OMG dont leave! I can honestly say hand on heart I dont think anyone does it on purpose, its very difficult to get over what you're saying when writing. Crikey, I feel some extra special fairy dust is needed now!:)

tess1981
15-03-2012, 07:41 PM
let's hope they read your post and feel ashamed:blush: and reread their posts before replying an edit them :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
15-03-2012, 07:42 PM
I must be so totally blinkered, incredibly thick skined, or totally dense! Perhaps all three:blush: I don't think I have seen anyone belittle anyone else or try to come across better than someone else. I have seen strong opinions and debate which has never become nasty, spiteful or personal to me... however each person takes things differently

It is always good to remember a few things when posting in forums... if you are asking for opinions, be prepared to hear some stuff you don't agree with. If you are not prepared for some adult debate then perhaps not post. Also remember that the written word can be so easily misconstrued. If you feel a post was harsh or unwarranted then maybe PM that person and have a private discussion or tell the mods.

I personally love all you guys and think you are totally nuts.. I was perfectly sane level headed and composed before I came here... I blame you lot! lol

silvermist
15-03-2012, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE=EmmaReed84;1071702]I must be so totally blinkered, incredibly thick skined, or totally dense! Perhaps all three:blush: I don't think I have seen anyone belittle anyone else or try to come across better than someone else. I have seen strong opinions and debate which has never become nasty, spiteful or personal to me... however each person takes things differently

It is always good to remember a few things when posting in forums... if you are asking for opinions, be prepared to hear some stuff you don't agree with. If you are not prepared for some adult debate then perhaps not post. Also remember that the written word can be so easily misconstrued. If you feel a post was harsh or unwarranted then maybe PM that person and have a private discussion or tell the mods.

I personally love all you guys and think you are totally nuts.. I was perfectly sane level headed and composed before I came here... I blame you lot! lol[/QUOT

Spoken like a true forum friend!

aly
15-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Was it me?...

I can't remember being like that...but like others say if the way they type comes across as abrupt maybe they don't realise it is actually hurting peoples feelings.

My oh has a go with me through email as I;ve said things in a way it wasn't meant to be taken...text speak/talk etc is always taken the wrong way as people can't see facial expressions you can normally see when speaking to people.
#
Tara_louise, please do not leave this forum....if certain people bug you, maybe ignore their threads/posts....I know you can put people on ignore so maybe that might be best?....but please dont go.

uf353432
15-03-2012, 07:50 PM
I have to admit I fall out of love frequently with the forum and try desperately to keep a toe in the water - but I do share the feelings of the OP and also really struggle to bite my tongue - and so disappear for a while rather than make waves in what appear on the surface as calm waters. I often see people refer to Netmums and how awful they are - but sometimes I see posts on here and responses that are no better than Netmums and I struggle with that level of hypocrisy. I often think I am a bit of a thread killer as well - because I don't post loads and loads daily quite often I feel my input is not valid because I am not one of the big players. See thats better - always better to spew your guts to others - better out than in as my old mum used to say.

Pipsqueak

thanks!

what needs to be remembered though is that so much is lost in the translation.... there is not the benefit of facial expression, tone of voice, gesture.... some people are good expressing themselves, others aren't, some people are more diplomatic others are more shoot straight from the hip type of people.

It would be a boring world (and forum) if there were not differences of opinion and lets face it we are not going to get along with EVERYbody are we....

On the whole I think this IS one of the (if not THE) friendliest, happiest, funniest and most helpful forum that I have come across.
A bit of banter and a heated discussion is good and sometimes its good to shake the tree a bit.

I can throw the cat amongst the pigeons... and its not that I want to or like to upset anyone its just that if I have an opinion then I will voice it. (However I save my wooden spoon for over there heehehhehehehe)

silvermist
Was it me?...

I can't remember being like that...but like others say if the way they type comes across as abrupt maybe they don't realise it is actually hurting peoples feelings.

My oh has a go with me through email as I;ve said things in a way it wasn't meant to be taken...text speak/talk etc is always taken the wrong way as people can't see facial expressions you can normally see when speaking to people.
#
Tara_louise, please do not leave this forum....if certain people bug you, maybe ignore their threads/posts....I know you can put people on ignore so maybe that might be best?....but please dont go.

Im sorry but I have to ask as its bugging me, whats OH mean?:blush:

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 07:51 PM

Oh no, please don't leave!

I was feeling a little irked earlier when I wrote my original post, maybe, just maybe the person who sometimes comes across a little harsh and abrupt has read this and will think about how they may come across before they post in future? Perhaps things will change? But if they don't, I think the responses I have received has proven that the vast majority of us feel the same way and we are all here for each other.

Lots of love, and fairy dust (thanks tinksplace!) to all!!!

tess1981
15-03-2012, 07:51 PM
maybe we should all add :):clapping::laughing::jump for joy::D:thumbsup: etc to the end of our posts to express we not having a go...
bet noone sleeps tonight thinking "is it me!!!" lol ;)

Ripeberry
15-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Was it me? Do I need to bring protective headgear or some more popcorn?:laughing:

silvermist
15-03-2012, 07:55 PM
You see, people think Im potty but you really musnt under estimate the power of pixie dust! God I wish there was a wand icon on here lol

Pauline! I need a wand! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

WibbleWobble
15-03-2012, 07:56 PM
OH means other half, or orrible husband.... Tee bee x

tess1981
15-03-2012, 07:58 PM
You see, people think Im potty but you really musnt under estimate the power of pixie dust! God I wish there was a wand icon on here lol

Pauline! I need a wand! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

^
--------- < * >
v

best wand i could do on short notice :D

silvermist
15-03-2012, 07:58 PM
OH means other half, or orrible husband.... Tee bee x

:laughing:I thought it was something to do with hubby! Thanks parsleypetal:thumbsup:

silvermist
15-03-2012, 07:59 PM
* / *
/
best wand i could do on short notice :D

OOOOOOH, IM LIKING THAT! Thanks very much :laughing::laughing:!

onceinabluemoon
15-03-2012, 08:01 PM

Ok so this is what you do... Just block us!!

Click on my username on this post, click view profile, then user lists, the add to ignore list.

But please remember this, you annoy the hell out of a few people too, both in real life and on here. I only wish they'd also have the guts to say something!! For goodness sake grow up and stop flouncing out the virtual door.

tess1981
15-03-2012, 08:01 PM
:censored: thing keeps posting wrong.... tried to change it 6 times :angry::angry: lol

Bananabrain
15-03-2012, 08:04 PM
I must be so totally blinkered, incredibly thick skined, or totally dense! Perhaps all three:blush: I don't think I have seen anyone belittle anyone else or try to come across better than someone else. I have seen strong opinions and debate which has never become nasty, spiteful or personal to me... however each person takes things differently

I personally love all you guys and think you are totally nuts.. I was perfectly sane level headed and composed before I came here... I blame you lot! lol
What she said!
As in any walk of life, you are going to meet people you don't agree with/ don't get on with.
I actually think that differing views on here are a positive thing. I honestly don't think anyone on here has ever made me cross.
If you think people on here are opinionated, you should try living with my husband! He could win awards!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
15-03-2012, 08:10 PM
I know what you mean I don't post very often anymore, mind you have posted a few the last couple of days. I tend to just lurk now as I feel if I say something I will look silly so tend not to bother, but saying that I do not know what I would do without the forum as I do know if I have a problem I know where to go and I have made a lovely and kind friend off here and is always there if I need her, even though as yet we have never met. x x x

Ripeberry
15-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Thought the protective headgear would come in handy. I don't post much lately but I usually try and be helpful if I can. I've always found this a great forum and yes some might disagree with each other but that happens everywhere.

stardust
15-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Ok so this is what you do... Just block us!!

Click on my username on this post, click view profile, then user lists, the add to ignore list.

But please remember this, you annoy the hell out of a few people too, both in real life and on here. I only wish they'd also have the guts to say something!! For goodness sake grow up and stop flouncing out the virtual door.

You are so rude!

silvermist
15-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Right, this thread has opened up a can of worms so, for the record, I would just like to say, if I have ever offended anyone on here I am truly sorry! :)

boxtree7
15-03-2012, 08:18 PM
I come onto the forum for options and opinions - When you post on the forum you have to expect various reply's I don't think they are meant to offend just gives you another way at looking at things. I wish a lot of stuff in my setting was different, I admire childminders that can stand up and challenge parents/carers bullying, ignoring polices and my rules. I come on here and someone with experience will give me the strength in their own words to stand up and speak ! If they want to call me a fool so be it their not far wrong.

angeldelight
15-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't think there is any need for anyone to get personal now.

Come on you lot I've been away a few days and this is what I come back to

I demand that you all behave NOW

If anyone annoys you do what I do and ignore them :laughing:

We are all different with different views

We take complaints seriously so if anyone has got a grievance I suggest you contact one of us mods rather than make it everyones problem

Right ,,,,,, did any one miss me ?:laughing::laughing:

Angel xxx

EmmaReed84
15-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Right, this thread has opened up a can of worms so, for the record, I would just like to say, if I have ever offended anyone on here I am truly sorry! :)

Here here, I am off this thread now... xxx Love to all :D

angeldelight
15-03-2012, 08:24 PM
ENOUGH

Please contact us if you have a problem

xxx

EmmaReed84
15-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't think there is any need for anyone to get personal now.

Come on you lot I've been away a few days and this is what I come back to

I demand that you all behave NOW

If anyone annoys you do what I do and ignore them :laughing:

We are all different with different views

We take complaints seriously so if anyone has got a grievance I suggest you contact one of us mods rather than make it everyones problem

Right ,,,,,, did any one miss me ?:laughing::laughing:

Angel xxx

:clapping::clapping::clapping: YEY!!!

That said, NOW I am off this thread lol

francinejayne
15-03-2012, 08:25 PM
oh gosh - please can everyone be nice!!! and if not then shush!!!!

welcome back Angel - you were missed!!!

silvermist
15-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Here here, I am off this thread now... xxx Love to all :D

And me, ttfn xx:)