PDA

View Full Version : Common Core Skills and Knowledge

mindingmummy08
15-03-2012, 02:02 PM
When I had my pre reg inspection my lovely inspector told me I needed to get a level 2 qualification before my first inspection (because of the voluntary reg). Approached my LA who said the post reg courses cover it. Great. Booked on. Since then almost every course has been cancelled due to low uptake!! ARGH!

From looking at the factsheet today my interpretation is just that I need to be able to demonstrate the Common Core Skills and Knowldge and I feel my training so far does this. Pre Reg Course incl work books done and got certificate, First Aid, Child Protection/Safeguarding course, Equal Opps and Diversity, EYFS Awareness, Food Hygiene. I also have a GCSE grade A in child development.

Does anyone know if this infact covers the Common Core Skills or what else I need to do to cover myself?

I'm trying hard to get on courses such as Behaviour Managment, Disability Awareness but they keep getting cancelled.

Thanks for any help, I think my hair is going to fall out.

sarah707
15-03-2012, 06:24 PM
It's really complicated isn't it?

a lot of childminders don't have any qualifications at all - and tbh Ofsted have never really pushed the level 2 thing for the Childcare Reg as long as you have the pre-registration course for the Eyfs.

There is a website about the Common Core where you can put your qualifications in and find out if they are relevant.

Have a nosey at the Ofsted factsheet as well :D

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-common-core-skills-and-knowledge

mindingmummy08
28-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Thats great thank you!!