PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for first mindee

child_friendly
15-03-2012, 11:55 AM
i have been registered since the end of Feb beginnin of March and am still waiting for my first mindee. I have done alot of advertising and am just wondering what else i should be doing whilst waiting??

sharonmanc
15-03-2012, 01:28 PM
My registration has just come through. I have had a profile on childcare.co.uk for a few months, just ipdated it to say I am now registered. on FIS website now, have just put an add on netmums, have my own facebook page and made a website using blogger.

While I am waiting I am getting out and about with my little one to play groups, and play centres so I can network with parents and get my face seen and name heard. Other than that I am focusing on resources etc, hoem made ones, lookign a heuristic play and finding wooden toys cheeply, and just making my home more organised, child friendly. Anything to keep busy in the mean time.

I am also researching insurance and contracts, at the moment i dont think there is much more I can do

catminder
15-03-2012, 01:38 PM
It can take a little while to get mindees butstick at the networking and advertising and some enquiries will come your way. Good luck to you both :thumbsup:

sarah707
15-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Sorry to hear you are finding it tough to get started.

You need to go out there and tell everyone you are now registered with spaces - you never know who you are talking to!

Good luck :D

Tatjana
15-03-2012, 10:20 PM
It's not been that long, it can take a while to get your first one, don't stress it will happen!!

claire250182
16-03-2012, 08:04 PM
It'll happen. I got my first parent sign up yesterday. I registered beginning of November :thumbsup:

TinyTinker
16-03-2012, 09:21 PM
I registered Nov '10 and didn't start with my first mindees until 20th January 2011;) and I had been advertising and had a website up before then, did leaflet drops saying place available from xxx etc.

I've now been registered for 15 months and am back to the same point of trying to get mindees again:rolleyes: