PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding

Dani Girl90
15-03-2012, 08:46 AM
hey, I just wondered what paperwork other childminders have in place for safeguarding? i have a policy and various information printed but is there anything in particular i need in place to show the inspector?

Thanks!!

Jods
15-03-2012, 09:17 AM
you need to show the inspector that you perform your policy and proceedure, for example secured doors and gates, if you state in your policies that they are kept locked then you must keep them locked (obvious I know), and Mrs O will note this, like asking her to sign the visitors list etc, so I suppose she will note your practical safeguarding as well as klooking at your policies x make sense x

I know its hard work and totally down to the individual, but I have discovered you can not have enough x so if you think you need it, do it x

to coin a phrase 'its the devil in the detail' x

rickysmiths
15-03-2012, 12:19 PM
you need to show the inspector that you perform your policy and proceedure, for example secured doors and gates, if you state in your policies that they are kept locked then you must keep them locked (obvious I know), and Mrs O will note this, like asking her to sign the visitors list etc, so I suppose she will note your practical safeguarding as well as klooking at your policies x make sense x

I know its hard work and totally down to the individual, but I have discovered you can not have enough x so if you think you need it, do it x

to coin a phrase 'its the devil in the detail' x

Just to note this is not compulsory and I have never had one and never will. I was able to show through my RAs that the children were kept safe, that I always know who is in my house and the children are never left alone with them.

Jods
15-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Just to note this is not compulsory and I have never had one and never will. I was able to show through my RAs that the children were kept safe, that I always know who is in my house and the children are never left alone with them.

No not compulsory but good practice :) but if you do, have a space for them to pop their phone number down for contact just incase of infectious diseases x (yuck)

Dani Girl90
15-03-2012, 02:13 PM
ha thanks guys i feel better now. I guess i panic because i know what needs to be done and in place i just want to make sure i apply it all in the right way. Im going to put together a safeguarding folder to show how and why etc and keep on top of my visitors signing in sheet. Like you said i think as long as i can say i keep them safe and know who is coming/leaving the house they will be happy with that.
Thanks! :)