PDA

View Full Version : The Truths about NCMA and Legal Cover..?

Stormbea
15-03-2012, 01:37 AM
If anyone has followed my problem, detailed on the Ofsted Inspection page of this forum, my mum's registration was suspended recently by Ofsted. We are yet to discover the specifics of the allegation for confidentiality reasons of the complainant.

We called NCMA for legal advice as that is their role for problems like this.

Their stance?;

We cannot provide legal assistance until Ofsted have supplied a reason for your suspension.

Our problem? Ofsted may never or could take a very long time to reveal such information. The ironic thing is, the appeals process has to be made within 10 days of the notice being served. We need legal advice in order to make an appeal. We need legal representation for every visit Ofsted makes to our premises.

Where is the sense in this? I would seriously question this. Why waste your money on NCMA insurance, when they can barely adhere to their own clauses (a practice very similar to Ofsted). In their keyfacts document, it clearly states that they provide legal support for this kind of problem.

I will be calling them tomorrow to double check.. they could just be having a bad day..

And to drawn your attention to the General exclusions;

• The first £1,500 of legal costs if we agree to appoint an Appointed Representative that you choose.

Hence.. if you have to organise a lawyer privately as NCMA will not support you because Ofsted isn't divulging information, and then information is released, they may not decide to continue with your current lawyer, or they may turn around and expect you to pay at least £1,500 of legal costs. Watch out!

NCMA Keyfacts for Legal Insurance Word Document (http://www.*************/Docs/legal_insurance_keyfacts.doc)
Please review their keyfacts document on legal insurance, and any other for that matter, before you purchase anything.