PDA

View Full Version : Think friend has been sent the wrong SAF

jelly15
13-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Went to a meeting in November to view and get guidence on the new self assessment of service forms but the ones my friend has received are completely different with no mention of children only people, could she have the wrong ones , the ones for care homes maybe?

aly
13-03-2012, 08:35 PM
what are the questions?..dont forget we have new ones from april just gone...my ones in november where completely different and harder than ours.

jelly15
13-03-2012, 10:19 PM
B: Quality of life
Please tell us, under each of the four headings below, how you ensure that the adults or children using your service have a good quality of life and/or a good experience when using the service.

1. Rights and control
For example the degree to which:
• People using your service have a voice, are encouraged to speak up, are listened to and feel their views are valued
• People’s rights are protected and they experience being treated with dignity and respect
• People feel they have choice and influence
Please cite evidence and/or give examples.

2. Accessibility and enabling
For example the degree to which:
• People find it easy to do things for themselves or with the minimum of support because of thoughtful design, signposting and layout
• People can explore, go outside and be inside, develop relationships with others and have private space
Please cite evidence and/or give examples.

aly
13-03-2012, 11:05 PM
I just had a look at mine it it was a 3 part data collection pack.

the 3rd part is the one with most details on and the questions are different./....unless they changed again since june last year?....btu check the cssiw website for the 'data collection pack'

jelly15
14-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Turns out she has the right forms they are the latest one that Manjay is refering to. I think they are a bit of a nightmare to be honest :eek: http://wales.gov.uk/cssiwsubsite/newcssiw/aboutus/providingsocialcare/pdcforms/childrensdaycare/childmind/?skip=1&lang=en

manjay
14-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Honestly they are not that scary:thumbsup:. They are generic forms for all care facilites that CSSIW regulate so not all of it fits completely with a childminding setting.

If you look at the example you have posted and substitute 'children' everywhere it says 'people' it makes much more sense.

aly
14-03-2012, 01:08 PM
ah....part 4...last year i only had the 3 parts...glad to see they keep adding to an already mind boggling document!! :rolleyes: