PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted/CIS changing 5 workshops

JazzyL
28-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi I don't know if this is old news to everyone but I contacted the CIS today as I am recently registered and wanted to complete the 5 workshops that have to be done. I have done 2-5 and wanted to know the next date of the 1st workshop. After much passing of the phone, I was told that in my area they aren't running a workshop 1 before September, and unfortunately Ofsted let the CIS know only last week that if childminders haven't completed all 5 workshops by September then they will have to complete all 5 workshops again after September!! :angry: I clarifed this several times as I thought it was too unbelievable but no, it is correct. To say I am gutted doesn't even touch it I am so disappointed. I have asked for the name of someone I can complain to about this - I would be more accepting if it was more than 1 workshop that I had to do . . . . rant over for now . . . .thanks for listening :eek:
Is anyone else aware of this?

JazzyL
28-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Anyone any thoughts/advice/info???:cool:

manjay
28-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Not quite sure what the workshops are that you are referring to! Is it the ICP course?

JazzyL
30-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Sorry for not making myself clear. :blush: Here (presumed it was the same everywhere) we have to attend 5 compulsory workshops either before registering or within 6 months of registering, each workshop gives information on things like 'partnership with parents', signs of abuse, planning activities etc. I don't personally feel that I need to complete the missing workshop from my own point of view but as they are compulsory I have to (which as I said above is proving impossible now). :mad: I still haven't had a reply from the CIS or Ofsted about this so looks like I will be on the phone to them soon. x

miffy
01-06-2008, 08:09 PM
It doesn't seem very fair at all - think you will have to phone and explain your situation - hopefully they will make an exception

Good luck

miffy xx